Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation of ESR and ID Objects

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created two namespaces in ESR and one scenario for each.

Now here my doubt is, can I move these ESR and ID Objects to TEST system together by a single Transport Request Number using CTS?

I have already expoted all ESR objects from that SWCV and also exported only once scenario objects in ID.

After exporting first scenario Objects, I realized that for ESR and ID objects by default the system is taking same Transport Request Number.

So I stopped second scenario objects to export from ID.

Now, can I release this Request to TEST environment with ESR and ID objects together in a single Request?

If Yes, then I can add second scenario objects also to the same Request.  is it correct?

Regards,

Sreeni.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

There is no issue if you include multiple scenarios in the same transport.

But you need to ensure two things while transporting,

a.     The business Services should not be transported multiple times.i.e duplicate objects should not be added to the same transport in ID .

b.     The ESR objects of a scenario should be added to the transport first and then the corresponding ID objects of the scenario(as already mentioned by Naveen)

For your case, the transport should go through successfully as the ESR objects of the second scenario are already included in the same TR.

Ashish

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I did the same and ESR objects done successfully, But ID objects are in error saying that Enter values manually in the channels.

But here to enter the values manually, i have to see them in ID but i cannot see them change list.

Moreover, in ID i can that these are imported successfully status in "Find Transports".

How to see them in my change list with my user? any thing is required from my BASIS team to be done?

Regards,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

The BASIS has already done their part as you can see the change in ESR.

All the transported objects of ID by default get imported through the default user (e.g. "j2ee_admin").

So, you transfer the objects to your user change list, then supply the mandatory fields for the channel and then you can activate all the objects.

To transfer the objects to your user, first change the User filter to "All".

Then look for the default user through which the objects got imported and right click on it to get the objects transferred to your user.

Ashish

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

When I open transport Objects in Tools-->"Find Transports", i can see all objects imported succesfully.

But not under Objects of ID.

Here one more thing I observed that all Business Systems are same as DEV systems only.

We hae already mapped to Target TEST systems in SLD. Then why still in the form of BS_DEV?

Please find the below screenshot:

Please any suggestion.

Regards,

Sreeni.

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I did this successfully as per Ashish :

--------------

To transfer the objects to your user, first change the User filter to "All".

Then look for the default user through which the objects got imported and right click on it to get the objects transferred to your user.

---------------

Regards,

Sreeni.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now here my doubt is, can I move these ESR and ID Objects to TEST system together by a single Transport Request Number using CTS?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>>>>>>>>>First you can transport ESR objects and without releaseing the TR related to ESR if you try to transport the ID objects only one TR will be generated for both ESR and ID objects.

FInally you need to release the TR and activate the ID objects manually.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Yes, then I can add second scenario objects also to the same Request.  is it correct?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>you can do the same for the second scenario.

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any suggestion please...

Regards,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sreeni,

As far i know you cannot move ESR and ID objects together in one TR .

First move the ESR object then u can move ID object with different TR  for the successfully activation and all .

If you move ID object first then definitively it will generate an error because ID objects are totally depends  on ESR object .

thanks and regards,

Anup Banerjee