cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

common project stock across projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working in a project based manufacturing, and we use Grouping wbs element to group all the requirement for the different wbs elements within the project.  but how do we do the grouping of requirements across projects. ( i mean different projects)

e.g. we have material X used in project A and project B.  we want to see the common requirement for material X - combined requirement from project A and project B.

Any ideas????

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can. You dont have to use automatic requirement grouping for this. you should do manual requirement grouping. Define a WBS Element as a grouping WBS Element and use GRM4 to assign WBS Elements from other projects to the grouping WBS Element. Look SAP Help for more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are already doing manual grouping using GRM4. But if I link multiple wbs elements from various projects to 1 wbs element in a project. then inventory will alwasys show high in this project and since we are dealing with customer projects we can group them togther..

Clients requirement is little complex, they need some materials to be avialable across projects and other customer specific requirements should be project specific.  How do i achieve this??

Do we have any other functions?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you can achieve that too, for this you need to use requirment grouping via MRP groups,i.e., use indicator 2 in grouping WBS element. Also, you should activate Requirement Grouping for these MRP groups.

Now, let say you have two materials A & B, Material A is to be planned using requirment grouping and Material  B to be planned for that individual project. In this case, Material A to be assigned MRP group A and Material B to MRP Group B. In IMG you should activate requirment grouping only for MRP Group A and should not activate for MRP group B. What happens now is, Material A will be planned across Project using requirment grouping functionality and Material B will not be planned across project but only for that project.

Refer SAP Help, you will get more details.

Answers (0)