cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice per Shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Presently we are creating a shipment (VT01N) with lots of deliveries and our billing configured for delivery wise billing. But our customer asking for Shipment wise billing because some Condition Types are shipment wise and they don't want lots of invoice outputs. They want one Invoice for a particular shipment. Is it possible to Configure in SAP? If yes, then how we can configure that? For your kind information, we are maintaining line items both Pieces and carton, so we have carton wise, piece wise and fixed condition type.

Thanks in advance and your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards.

Ripon Kumar Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be aware, invoice can be generated either with reference to a sale order or delivery or multiple sale orders / multiple deliveries.

In your case, since you want to generate billing document against one shipment document which would have multiple deliveries, I am not sure, whether you will be able to succeed in this.  Nevertheless, you can try with the billing exit  USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZC) where you can validate that the preceding document category (VBTYP_V) should be 8 which you can validate from VTTK.  Also you need to validate field like VBELN from VTTP and whatever fields you require.

Incidentally, also consider DAs which are having different Payer in which case, you will get invoice split.  So lot of validations you need to take into consideration for this requirement.  Apart from invoice split, imagine if shipment status is not completed, then system should prevent generating billing document.  If DAs are not PGId, still you can generate shipment document.  So study the pros and cons and do the coding accordingly.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

sunilspillai
Explorer

Dear Ripon,

There is one option you can explore..  Activity Profiles.

In SPRO-> Logistics Execution-> Transportation -> Define & assign activity Profiles.

In activity Profile, you can set  "Carry out billing" as a Further Function.

this creates a automatic bill as soon as Shipment is saved.

You can assign  this activity profile to the shipment status you desire.. like shipment end..

Again, this may not be as per your requirement of Single Invoice per Shipment.

But given your invoice splitting criteria and other regular customization settings, it can create one invoice per shipment.

but  if you dont want auto  billing, you will have to go by Lakshmipati ji's  suggestion.

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ripon ,

Check this document.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0a960c1-61f5-2d10-28a8-8431a9d82...

Check and workout in IDES system. If you face any issues, forum members are there to help you.

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ripon ,

It is possible with the Shipment Cost. Maintain the shipment cost so that when the invoice is generated, it transfers to the invoice.Check the standard sap process of doing it.

Refer the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/5f/e411bb044411d2bf5d0000e8a7386f/frameset.htm

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Vinu Nanjan,

Noted with many thanks. At least finally  I'm seeing some hope. Can you please guide me step by step to Configure creating collection Bill against a Shipment through shipment cost. I am confused about some points as maintaining partner function in shipment as customer, G/L maintenance for Revenue, G/L assignment with condition type and finally Billing document posting for accounting document generation. How can I do these things through shipment cost. So, it will be highly appreciated if you guide me step by step.

Kind regards.

Ripon

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ripon,

is it collective shipment or individual shipments? what are those condition types? how can you pay at a time for all vendors in a single bill? do you mean single vendors involving  for total transportation activites? what is exact requirement?

warm regards,

jagadeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jagadeesh,

It is fir individual shipments. Condition Types I've maintained for billing document and I configured billing document for delivery. I'm not paying all vendors in a single bill. I want to collect from customer against a single bill for multiple deliveries which includes in a shipment. No single vendor is not involving for total transportation activities. I

My requirement is, I want to collect from customer against a single invoice number which would be per shipment wise and one shipment can be made with lots of outbound deliveries.

Please let me know if you required any additional information. Thanks.

Kind regards.

Ripon Kumar Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ripon ,

As sunil mentioned, you can control it using Activity Profile. Keep it as the last activity in the shipment process.But billing split will happen if the header data like payer, incoterms etc... are not same.

Stream line your shipment process to achive the requirement.

We worked on it long back and i remember the process. It is as follows.

The Delivery Document for which Picking is completed will be added to the Shipment Document.

PGI will be triggered from the shipment using shipment status "Shipment Completed" . It can be achived again with Activity Profile.

Then use the shipment end status to trigger the billing using the suggestion provided by Sunil.

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ripon

You can restrict the user not to enter any new line item during the creation of deliveries, go to TCODE

OVLK and put 101 at ItemRequirment

by this user won't be able to enter new line item in the delivery and after this now after this 0VLK (its Zero '0') and click on your line item category and in Quantity tab Check quantity 0 make it B, this won't allow user to do PGI when the quantity is Zero. Now after doing this go to

IMG >> Logistic execution >> Transportation >> shipment >> Define Shipment Types

Maintain LEG INDICATOR, Now when you will create delivery with this shipment type, delivery status will be " Do not select delivery already in preliminary leg"

If you want this option default then create selection variant and assign it to in shipment type

IMG >> Logistic execution >> Transportation >> shipment >> define shipment type

Under tab Proposal

SELECTION VARIENT

Maintain name as ZDEFAULT (SAY) and click on MAINTAIN. Make tick mark to option and save variant then save shipment type. So this will restrict the user to select the deliveries which are in some other shipment.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Ashish

While I appreciate for giving a suggestion, I would also request you to go through the requirement carefully before giving any suggestion.  Please study the original requirement and compare with your suggestion.

G. Lakshmipathi