cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII using wrong user to conect to database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After a restore of a database in our SQL server, we started getting this error when trying to run stored procedures from our database:

EXECUTE permission denied on object ()

After some troubleshooting I've discovered that even though the user in the data servers is correct, the SQLQuerys try to run using the user "guest" instead of the one configured.

Does someone knows why could this be?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ximena,

What version, SP, and build of MII are you using (and NW if applicable)?

Thanks, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike, we are using xMII 12.0.5 build 126 with NW 7 in a windows 2003 server and mysql 2005

Thanks

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying to remember back to 12.0, but can you check the user roles for the query templates you are seeing the problems with? 

Thanks, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've cheked one of the transactions and the reading roles are assigned to XMII Users if that was what you meant. We didn't change anything in the xMII, the only thing different was that restore of one of the databases wich had the same configurations as the one we were using before the restauration was needed.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ximena,

I am not able think of why it would stop working from a restore of the database.  But I would stop and start the NW instance (on which MII is installed) to see if that is part of the issue.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all your input, I will try that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I've been trying different things regarding this problem. After restoring the original database (the one we were using before the restore that started the problems), the user was been read correctly and there was no problem whit the transactions.

What I've tried after that was restoring the database with a different name and adding a new connection in the xMII copping the one that already existed and changing the database name. This new connection doesn't even connect, the status remains in ERROR. Are there any additional configurations that I may be missing?

Thanks in advance.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ximena,

I am not sure what the problem could be.  It sounds like there is some subtle change in the database configuration which is either not recognized by MII or possibly causes problems when executing the stored procedure. 

You did not upgrade your database(?) or MII or NW in between the two different restores else the restore would not have fixed the problems.  Maybe a discussion with a DBA on the differences between the two backups would be in order.  I am out of ideas.  If it affects your abilities to function, you may want to open a CSS ticket.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike, we ended up migrating the data from the database that we wanted to restore to the database that was working. Still we have no idea what could have happened, but thank you for trying.

On another topic, I was wondering if you would know how to recreate the database for a J2EE instance that's already installed. Our current database for this instance has been giving trouble with MSSQL and we cannot backup it appropriately.

Thanks in advance.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ximena,

I think I am getting confused.  Are you using MySQL or MSSQL (and does this mean Access or SQL Server?)?

Thanks, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, I'm talking about different servers, my bad.

This one is running Microsoft Sql Server 2005