Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Multiple Country Legal Regs in Product Master classification

kardam0409
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the product master with Legal unit only from Japan, however in the product master classification I see multiple Legal regulations which is unwanted.

I checked the following key configurations -

1. Legal Reg activated by Country. So JP has its own Legal Reg activated for Exports.

2. Legal Reg determination procedure has determination by Country as a only entry. No other steps in it.

3. JP legal Reg control settings has "a every product is relevant for checks". (I think this should not be the point but still mentioning it)

4. JP Legal Reg defination has multiple country groups. ((I think this should not be the point but still mentioning it).

5. Product in ECC only maintained for Japan plant.

I believe the Legal regulations being determined only by the Country of departure coming from Legal Unit. I now wonder what else in the configuration / master data determines the multiple country regulations in the Product master. Please help.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kardam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kardam,

In the IMG, go to General Settings > Numbering Schemes > Assign Numbering Schemes to Legal Regulations (depending on your GTS version).  In the assignment of schemes for Commodity Codes and Tariff Codes, delete any entries not related to the required Legal Regulations.

I hope that takes care of it.

Best regards,
Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kardam,

Could you please check if you have any technical development in place to transfer the Country flag as an additional data attribute. In that case, whenever we extend the Material to a plant in R/3, particular country flag is updated in GTS Product master(Additional data tab).

So, in your case may be the Material was earlier extended for other Plants/Countries. So, it could have been showing all those related Legal Reg. in classification.

Now, it could be still showing other unwanted Legal. reg because the change pointers for MARC-LVORM is not activated for message type /sapsll/matmas_sll in R/3.

Generally, whenever we extend or delete a material from/to a plant . A change pointer gets generated, in case of deletion you may not have MARC-LVORM activated for /sapsll/matmas_sll in tcode BD52.. So, GTS is not getting updated with the deletion of material from a plant other than Japan.

Just guessing these possibilities. Please do check. I'll check in detail and let you know if i get more details.

Thanks

Dhilipa

kardam0409
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the BD52, the entry MARC-LVORM is maintained that means it is activated.

I also checked the development and there is no such.

I created a new material with only plant as Japan and transferred to GTS, however, I still see all regs in the product classification. What I observed during the testign is, GTS takes only JP regulation for compliance control and license check, the rest others are not checked upon. This means at the transaction level,GTS selects the right legal regulations based by LU country, which is correct.

But what I need is, at the product master level to see only those country regs to which the product master is maintained/extended.

Regards,

Kardam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kardam,

I feel its a standard behavior. Though you see many other Legal Regulations, they wouldn't be activated/checked. It would be showing up with red indicator. Only the one for which you have ECCN assigned or if not no control flag checked will be showing up green. In your case, japan legl. regulation.

So, seems to be a standard behavior. But incase, while viewing the Product master if you don't want the other legal regulation to be viewed. Probably you can enter the legal regulation in the selection screen and then execute. So, in that case, it would only show details of legal regulation you entered in the selection screen of product master display.

Thanks

Dhilipan

kardam0409
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Dhilipan,

Thanks for your response. It is a standard behavior. However I will check more on how can we control in product master. As of now, I would leave it as it is. I would like to thank to you for every response, appreciate it and would like to touch base with you further.

Regards,

Kardam