cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 7.0 with EHP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have few queries regarding New Dimensional product installation.

I want to install BI 7.47 on windows 2008 R2 and oracle 11.2.0.3 version. I have installed NW 7.0 EHP3 but its showing support package level as below,

SAP_ABA    731    0000     -    Cross-Application Component
SAP_BASIS    731    0000     -    SAP Basis Component
PI_BASIS    731    0000     -    Basis Plug-In

ST-PI    2008_1_710    0004    SAPKITLRE4    SAP Solution Tools Plug-In

SAP_BW    731    0000     -    SAP Business Warehouse

The basic level of SAP_ABA and SAP_BASIS is 0000, which i have never seen in the previous installations. At least it has to be on some level. The installation media i used is latest. I have seen the same case at the time of SRM 7.0 EHP2 installation which comes under Business Suite 2011i ( CRM 7.0 EHP2, SCM 7.0 EHP2, SRM 7.0 EHP2, ERP 6.0 EHP6) . In SRM 7.0 EHP2 also has basic SAP_ABA and SAP_BASIS components level in 0000.

I have few queries regarding installation could you please help to understand following queries ?

1) Is there any change in installation methodology ?

2) Do we need to apply the latest support packages ( In my case for SAP_ABA and SAP_BASIS  from  SAPKA73101 to SAPKA73105 etc )  using spam or we need to use software update manager (SUM)

3) I am not able to see latest Installation Master with Java Stack installation for SRM 7.0 EHP2. So how can we install java stack for SRM 7.0 EHP2 and CRM 7.0 EHP2 etc?

4) If we need to install ABAP and Java stack separately, having different SID and Databases then how to establish connectivity between ABAP and JAVA stack ?

Thanks..

Regards,
Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Answer to your questions:

1) No, there are no changes in installation methodology.

2) Please check below link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70bf34ec-5db8-2f10-0d8f-f6d47391c...

3) Yes, you can install that. DVD's for Java Components- 51042059.

4) You can establish the connectivity using SAP JCO.

Regards

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your response.

As per your reply on questions,i am not clear about 2nd question. Can we apply support package using spam  (Well if yes, i tried this option, but apply package SAPKB73101 , take long time, since 3 days it was running , so i tried to stop spam, but then it has started giving me erorr "SAP System Message "Syntax error in program SAPLSTRD"."

So i removed it from OS level but no success. so i uninstall the system and installed it again. I guess probably we need to register the SLD using rz70 after fresh installation, and generate the stack file and using SUM we need to update the latest patches...is it correct?

Another, could you please provide info how can we establish the connectivity using SAP JCO ?

Regards,

Satish

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can update using SUM as well.

Please find below link about JCO connections:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/3a/3b1b40fcdd8f5ce10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (0)