cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS (CTS) Release functionality using .Net Connector 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Gurus,

I am trying to create a small applet in VB.NET 2003 using the SAP Connector 2.0 that consists of:

1 form

1 text input field

1 release command button

1 Quit command button

Ok here is the deal, I want to type a transport request number on the input field, hit the release button and viola...transport gets released in SAP. There is a BOR,BAPI, RFC or whatever you want to call it named BAPI_CTREQUEST_RELEASE that does this for me. I can see all the objects in my .Net IDE so i know that my connection to SAP is working. I dropped the ' BAPI_CTREQUEST_RELEASE ' on my SAPProxy.sapwsdl and a SapLogonDestination1 control on my VB form. This is as far as I have being able to go. Even using sample code from other solutions is not getting me anywhere.

-

this is what i have for my release button (don't laught) -

Private Sub btnRelease_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnRelease.Click

'Declaring paramaters here

Dim proxy As New SAPProxy1

proxy.Bapi_Ctrequest_Release("", tboxReqInput.Text)

End Sub

-

Simple right...maybe so...but I have never used the connector before so I have no clue how to use it. I have read the SAP documentation, but every example and document I see is for version 1.X of the connector. And trust me there are significant differences between to two for a newby like me.

Can someone post code that will help me send the release request when I click on the button.

I am, by no means an expert developing SAP interfaces as u can see from the crude code. So PLEASE try to be specific if replying to this thread.

Thanks in advance

C-Ya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I moved your question to the correct forum...

As you have installed SAP .NET Connector 2.0, you have all the documentation and Samples already on your machine:

- Docuemntation is integrated into Visual Studio Help: see Help->Contents

- Samples are installed into your SAP .NET Connector installation folder, e.g. c:\program files\SAP\SAP .NET Connector 2.0\Samples.