cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport not added to my Target group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We build the TMS in our landscape with 3 system in the group. In the development system, if I create any new transports like Workbench its not automatically added the transport target group.

In SE09, we saw that the Customizing client '400' was under 'Local change request'. It supposed to have the 'Target group' assigned to it. If I see the client '000' it was added to correctly to the target group.

How should my development Client will automatically added to the the target group.

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Could you share transport routes and layers information for further understanding?

Thanks and regards,

Sunghoon

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Local change request won't create a Transport request. If you want to deliver trasport request from client 400 you must :

1.- Make a transport of copy of the local transport request.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/f9/a2903b8e974cdba3a79ac46be72510/content.htm

2.- Change the transport layer to include the objects of your request.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Sargan said local change request will not create cofiles and data files, so you can not move it to other systems.

please make sure that while creating transport request, give target system.

for workbench request also do not create any local requests.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can manually go to se09 and change the target of the transport request. Why my transports are not automatically added to the target group. Once you create the STMS, if you already have any local request it will automatically added to the target group. In my case it is not. Is there a client setting that I need to change?

Thanks

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi John ,

Your transport is getting created as local .There could be the reason that there is no transport layer is assinged to the development class (or package) from which you are creating the transport. can you paste the screenshot of any transport and also your TMS route

Also the transport might belong to tmp Development class, Check your package and objects and you might get an idea.

Thanks,

Supriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the package in Se80 transaction.This should be assign to transport layer.Include your object to this package .

Regards,

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Custom package was already added to 'ZDEV' transport layer. Only it happens to the SAP 'workbench' transports. Do I need to go to each package and add them into the SAP transport layer?

Once you added the transport layer 'SAP', it will automatically add the development clients to it. 

Thanks

John

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Once you check that the package is added to a transport layer that belongs to a delivery route will create a transport.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Customizing transports were added to the Correct target group in the development system in SE09.

I can't able figure out why the workbench request are not added to the the target group.

Thanks

John.