Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the origin system of views

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

In the XML for all HANA views is a tag for indicating the ORIGIN SYSTEM.  I understand this is important for security and is used so that in theory when a view is imported from a development system into a production system that the objects can automatically be locked down and considered non-native and thus non-editable.  My question is this;  if we have taken our sandbox and decided to rename it, is there a simple way to change the origin system in the XML of ALL of our views?  I know I can fix each one individually by opening it and choosing version button and then clicking 'edit imported object' however I'm looking for a way to do all views in a single step ie: programmatically.

Thanks,

-Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

In a recent discussion with SAP, it was discussed that, even if you transport HANA Information models with forthcoming Transport mechanism using Solution Manager with HANA, the objects can still be edited in the transported system. It may not lock the object saying it has a different originating system (where it was created), neither will it give any warning that it has a different origin system.

I haven't yet seen the Information models transported from one system to another, but if my understanding is correct, modifying imported objects for the mentioned property may not help much.

May be, you can set up the authorization in the QA / Production system that the objects can be accessed with read only privileges. I will be really interested in your analysis if my understanding is incorrect.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (0)