cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS - Add Attachments button on step 3 (Review and send)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have implemented FITV in SAP Portal. We're using ECC 6.0 with EhP4 and SAP Portal 7.0 and when creating an expense report (Webdynpro ABAP FITE_EXPENSES) it is possible to add attachments using button "Attachments" available on step 1 (gereral data). We want to add it also on step 3 (Review and send) because my client has a specific process where they save the expense report form which can be generated also on this step... this way users wouldn't need to go back to step 1 and submit this attachment.

Step 1 (button available):

Step 3 (no button attachments😞

Can you please help me?

Is there any way through customzing to do it?

If we want to add an enhancement do you think it is possible? Any hints?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
AS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

In this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3257281 I gave the following suggestion to the same problem:

I think you need to use FPM component configuration FITV_FPM_EXPENSES. Take a copy of it or enhance it. You can then see the whole roadmap of the application and how the attachment is included in the first general data step and then add it the same way in step 2 for receipts.

However I did just try doing that (as I have a similar request) but I don't see the button yet so I guess I need to do a bit more than this maybe in the component controller etc but have run out of time for now :-). Let me know if you have more luck 🙂

Please let us know if you can get it to work and whether it is using the approach outline above as we are a couple with the same requirement 🙂

If you need a guide about how to adapt/enhance/customize FPM please see here: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0a2b7c2-1598-2e10-45bc-c556df3b9...

BR Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your quick response.

I actually managed to do it following your hint.

I enhanced component configuration FITV_FPM_EXPENSES and added the GOS button into the step 3.

Then I found out another problem: as you have to save a draft before submitting an attachment and when you are on review step (3) if you save a draft you go to confirmation step (4), I had to create a new webdynpro enhancement changing the behaviour of this action. I mean if you click save draft on button the system will do the save draft method without going to step 4.

Following there is the overwrite code for method ONACTIONNAVIGATE on LAYOUT_VIEW of FPM_FITV webdynpro component. I might change it a little to make it more clear and effective but it works.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

AS

method _ovr_de29pfz7gw0ekim7805l28s05 . "Exit of ONACTIONNAVIGATE (in Z00002 )

*  If save draft option is selected on the review step do not move to confirm step

*  This is important because this way you can attach documents on step 3

data lo_navigation_controller type ref to ig_navigation.

lo_navigation_controller = wd_this->get_navigation_ctr( ).

data: lo_child_node type ref to if_wd_context_node.

data: lv_selected_id type string.

data: lv_text type string.

data: lv_text_otr type sotr_txt.

data lo_ui_button type ref to cl_wd_button.

lo_child_node = wd_context->get_child_node( 'ROADMAP_STATE' ).

lo_child_node->get_attribute( exporting name = 'SELECTED_ID' importing value = lv_selected_id ).

lo_ui_button ?= wd_this->mo_view->get_element( 'FORWARD_TOP' ).

lv_text = lo_ui_button->get_text( ).

call function 'UPWB_GET_OTR_TEXT_FROM_ALIAS'

exporting

ic_alias   = 'PTRM_WEB_UI/SAVE_DRAFT'

ic_langu   = sy-langu

ic_package = 'PTRM_WEB_UI'

importing

ec_text    = lv_text_otr.

case navigation_type.

when if_fitv_fpm_api=>gc_navigate_backward.

lo_navigation_controller->start_navigation( if_fitv_fpm_api=>gc_navigate_backward ).

when if_fitv_fpm_api=>gc_navigate_forward.

if lv_selected_id = 'RM_ID_REVIEW' and lv_text = lv_text_otr.

lo_navigation_controller->start_navigation( if_fitv_fpm_api=>gc_navigate_save ).

else.

lo_navigation_controller->start_navigation( if_fitv_fpm_api=>gc_navigate_forward ).

endif.

when if_fitv_fpm_api=>gc_navigate_save.

lo_navigation_controller->start_navigation( if_fitv_fpm_api=>gc_navigate_save ).

when if_wd_window=>co_button_ok.

lo_navigation_controller->start_navigation( if_fitv_fpm_api=>gc_navigate_forward ).

when if_wd_window=>co_button_cancel.

lo_navigation_controller->start_navigation( if_fitv_fpm_api=>gc_navigate_backward ).

when others.

endcase.

endmethod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool! I will take the liberty of using the same approach then 🙂 FPM can seem complicated but is quite elegant way to introduce new functionality like this without much coding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Did you come across any problems like I describe here when you did this?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3282181

Br Jan

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jan and André,

I have requirement of adding new field on the Create Expense screen and validating and saving it.

I posted a separate thread for that

(I am new to web dynpro abap)

Requesting your help or inputs, I have checked the application configurations and compoenent configurations for that and implemented enhancement for the FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA to add the field.

but to put the validation I need to check it as per the expense types entered in the next step of entering receipts. So I need to find a way to implement the validations.

thanks in advance,

bhakti

Former Member
0 Kudos

See my reply in your question here http://scn.sap.com/thread/3294854

Answers (0)