cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Trial on Windows 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to install SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.02 SP6 32-bit Trial on Windows 8 but installation failed. I started the installatin program as Administrator. What could be the reason?

I printed an extract from the log file underneath.

Thanks and best regards

Michael

---------------------------------

SAP MaxDB Installation Manager 7.8.01.18

ERR:  Installation failed

ERR:    cannot open installation CL_NSP

ERR:      Cannot initialize install registry

ERR:        Cannot open install registry

ERR:          Cannot open InstallRegistry file "C:\sapdb\clients\NSP\data\installations\CL_NSP\config\install\INSTREG": No such file or directory

ERROR      2012-10-31 19:06:19.186 [iaxxinscbk.cpp:244]

MDB-07020  The database installer reported an error. DIAGNOSIS: Some database applications might still be running. SOLUTION: Check the log file sdbinst.log and C:\sapdb\data\wrk\MaxDBRuntimeForSAPAS_install_<date>_<time>.log.

ERROR      2012-10-31 19:06:19.186

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

MUT-03025  Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: sdbinst.log and C:\sapdb\data\wrk\MaxDBRuntimeForSAPAS_install_<date>_<time>.log.

ERROR      2012-10-31 19:06:19.217 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:988]

FCO-00011  The step installClientSoftware with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_DBClient|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|NW_ADA_DBClient|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|Sdb_ClientSoftware_Dialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|Sdb_ClientSoftware|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|installClientSoftware was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :The database installer reported an error. DIAGNOSIS: Some database applications might still be running. SOLUTION: Check the log file sdbinst.log and C:\sapdb\data\wrk\MaxDBRuntimeForSAPAS_install_<date>_<time>.log.).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, there are two reasons that I can see:

1. I tried to install NW on W8 as well. Not yet compatible. Think about the fact that it's architecture is designed to run on classic server style Windows, not on the new platform MS is so proud about. So, have some patience and use Windows Server R2 2008 with desktop experience activated until this is fixed.

You might try with 7.03, but I believe you will have the same result.

2. From what you wrote this is an old problem of NW. Sometimes the installation sees an already running db which is not really there. I had this problem several times trying to install NW on Windows 7 and XP. If you search for it on SCN, you will find a lot of posts for this. The best advice I can give you, and the quickest/easiest, reinstall your OS and try again. It takes like 15-20 min and your problem is solved. Sometimes, the programs installed  on your PC or the active .NET framework trick the installation that a db is already there.

btw, if you try to install NW several times on the same OS ( because of failed installations ) without deleting all the registry entries and the folders on your C: drive, you will get this error.

Best regards and hope I could help,

Vali