cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in delivery order created with reference to STO.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I am working on transportation. I have configured shipment documents for delivery orders created wrt to Sale orders and STOs. For sale order everything is working fine. I can change quantity in delivery order created wrt to sale order but when I am trying to change quantity in delivery order created wrt to STO system is giving me this error.

5 serial numbers are already maintained. Quantity cannot be changed

Message no. VL424

There is 5 quantity in STO but I need to change it in delivery order because sometime there is not enough space in truck and ware house persons change quantity as per actual loading quantity.

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the long text to message VL424 already explains the steps, you have to remove the not-delivered serial numbers, then you can reduce the quantity.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi,

I just replicated your error and here is how we can fix it,

First select your item in delivery and then go to extras-> serial numbers

Then remove the serial numbers first (before you change the delivery quantity) as shown below

Then click 'Yes' button and press enter. You will get a warning message, press enter again and then change the quantity now and save it, that's it.

Regards

Vijay

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. But problem is with batch and serial number configuration. I don't know how batch and serial numbers are configured here. If I go to Extras > Serial numbers system is giving me this error.

And If I go to batch split screen and enter 5 batches and then select all 5 line items and go to Extras > Serial Numbers the screen is like this.

Now if i click the check box left side on serial number field and click create serial number automatically it creates a serial number and I delete it and system give me message that data will be lost I click YES. But still If I go back and check batch split screen there are still 5 batches system dont allow me to change quantity . I dont know what to do now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the material is both serialized and batch managed, so you need to enter the batch number as well. I can see from your screen shot (delivery number) that the batch field is empty, please input the batch number (dont do batch split, nust enter the batch number) and then try my procedure.

If you are not sure about the batch number, then go to MMBE for the material and plant given in the delivery, then you will find the batch number.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Regards

Vijay

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying by entering the batch numbers. Steps i did are

In delivery screen batch field is in display mode so I need to go to batch split.

In batch split I entered the batch number. Selected all line items and Extras > Serial Numbers.

I clicked the check box and created serial number automatically.

Delete serial numbers.

Back to batch split screen and the line items are unselected. Suppose there are 5 line items and if i have deleted 2 serial numbers then 3 line items are selected and two are unselected.

If I try to change quantity system don,t allow saying that cumulative quantity is more than open quantity so I need to delete batch split line items too.

If I do so and change quantity then again system is giving me same error that serial numbers have been generated you can not delete them.

I am stucked

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am actually too... with understanding what you described.

From entire thread I understand that your delivery was ready to be shipped with 5 batches/serial numbers, but then the truck was to small and you can only ship 3 out of these 5. which means you delete 2 serial numbers and remove 2 batches from the existing dellivery.

But you actually showed a screen shot that you can only maintain serial numbers when you specify batches, then you entered 5 batches.  this makes me think that the delivery did not even exist  in a ready to ship status.

so why didn't you just enter 3 batches instead of 5 if you only want ship 3?

and why do you select 5 batches to create 5 serial numbers to directly delete them agian?

if the delivery does not yet exist, then create it, pick just 3 batches, enter 3 serial numbers (do not delete any of them) and you are done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok do one thing, delete the line item in the delivery and add again with required quantity. This should help you to fix your issue.

Let me know if you have any issues further.

Regards

Vijay

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

Let me explain my scenario and requirement.

We have batch and serial number both activated on materials. We are producing LED TVs and each TV is separate batch number and Material, Batch and Serial number has unique combination.

There are two reasons for changing quantity in delivery order.

1. Our warehouse guys has to send 100 TVs from location A to location B. They create STO for 100 quantity and get it release from authorities but want to send them in 3 days with partial deliveries. They don't want to create separate POs for every delivery for minimizing data entry so they change quantity in Delivery order.
  2. Second scenario is what you have described. The STO is for 10 quantity and in delivery order system copies it but actually when loaders are loading in van there is place for just 7. So they want to change quantity in delivery order and do the PGI.

Now these are two requirements and I hope there must be standard solution for them. Either one solution for both or separate ones.

I am not able to delete serial numbers as I have mentioned in my earlier posts.

Deleting line items and entering again is not the solution. In this way user can delivery any material not in STO or quantity greater than in STO.

Please let me know if still my requirement is not cleared to you guys.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

I think you misunderstood me, i told you to delete the item since you meshed up the data, but generally you can change the quantity in delivery in a simple way.

I again replicated your error as shown below (i created a delivery for quantity '3' and trying to change it to '2')

Now after getting this message, press enter and changed the quantity to '2'. Then went to batch split screen and divided the quantity (1 for each batch). Then selected the item in the batch split screen and entered the serial numbers (select each item in batch split screen and enter one serial number) as shown below,

That's it, the quantity is changed without any issue as shown below.

Just follow my simple steps and you will not face any issues, let me know if you need any more help.

Regards

Vijay

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now after getting this message, press enter and changed the quantity to '2'. Then went to batch split screen and divided the quantity (1 for each batch).

After this error message when I change quantity i again give me same error of serial number. I understand what you are asking me to do but I am not able to do this because system gives me error when I change quantity from 3 to 2. Anyways I have alternative solution for this.

I have asked users to load materials exactly as per in STO and split quantity in STO of same material in different line items. Create delivery with VL10B and delete line items from delivery order which you don't want to deliver and you can create its partial delivery again. With routine 201 in delivery document setting I have restricted users to enter any new line item or material in delivery. I think I have got what I want. I will discuss this solution with users and update forum on Tuesday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Take a fresh material which does not have any delivery doc. and check each n every fields in Master data again and create Outbound delivery and change the qty before posting will get resolution.

Thanks

Sanjeet Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are changing the quantity in the delivery, you need to match the serial numbers, for example if you are changing the quantity from '5' to '3', then there should be only three serial numbers and rest should be deleted in the delivery and this can be done by selecting the item then go to extras-> serial numbers.

Regards

Vijay