Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit Type 1 and 2 Determination

atul_rajmane
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are Implementing PS Cash Management with Project System for MTO Scenario.

I am facing below issue in PS Cash Management Report.

We are creating a Sales Order with Account assigned WBS in Sales Order header as well as line litem. Then, we will create a Production Order from Sales Order. After execution of Production Order and confirmation the FG will be received in Sales Order Stock. We will do Delivery/PGI from this Sales Order Stock and finally do the billing to raise customer invoice. Corresponding accounting and PS cash Management entries will be captured against Project WBS.

Now, after raising a customer invoice, when we check PS Cash Management report, the billing amount will show as a Vendor Payment Obligation (VendorPyObligInvoice) Invoice in Expense area. Technically, it’s revenue and need to show as a Customer Payment obligation (Cust.PyOblig.Invoice).

When I have done detail analysis with table RPSCO table, the entries with Value Type 54 and Debit Type 1 (Costs and credit-side payments) will shows as VendorPyObligInvoice and entries with  Value Type 54 and Debit Type 2 (Revenues and debit-side payments) will shows as a Cust.PyOblig.Invoice in PS Cash Management. The executed cycle is having only difference in Sales Order Document Type and rest process is same.

Let me know how this Debit Type is determine exactly and does this have any link with Sales Order document type?

regards,

Atul Rajmane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Firstly, i would like to know why you maintain account assignment in both the header as well as the line item in the sales order.

Secondly, as far as my understanding goes, any posting that involves costs will be classified under Debit type 1 and postings that involve revenue will be classified under Debit Type 2. I guess this gets determined based on the cost element category that you define while creating the cost element. For a good explanation on this, it would be better if you could take help from your FICO consultant.

Regards,

Gokul