Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relation transport of copies to original transport

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

one of our customers is facing a tricky the problem.

He made a transport of copies and accidently added all transport requests of the system to it, instead of just the one transport request he wanted to make the copy of - but first he didn't notice that.

Then he deleted the objects from the original transport requests because they were locking each other.

And then finally he released the original transport request.

Then he tried to release the transport of copies - and got an error (fortunately!)

No we're trying to figure out which objects originally were in the original transport request so we can delete all the other objects from the transport of copies.

In the current state it's too risky to release the transport of copies  - it has more than 8000 objects... I think it won't work anyway...

I couldn't find any relation between the objects in the transport of copies and their orignal transport request - not in E070 or any other table or view...

Do you have any idea how we could find out the original object list?

To restore the whole system because of one little transport request would be some kind of ...immoderate...

Thanks for all your replies in advance.

Best wishes

Marie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

we decided to restore the system before more changes are made and get lost.

Helped...

But it still would be nice to know if anybody has a clue how to solve such a problem...

Thanks and bye

Marie

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

This is the SAP Transportation Management community.  I think you need an ABAP or more likely a Basis community.  We deal with transportation (the physical movement of goods from one location to another using trucks, trains, ships, etc.).  You are moving new code from one system to another.

Regards, Mike

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

argh - sorry - that happens when you're in a hurry and confuse transportation with transport management

I'll close this message as answered and I'll search for the right group.

Thanks for the hint 😉

Bye

Marie

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are not the first and probably won't be the last.

Thanks, Mike

Answers (0)