Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Planning in APO

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I am new to APO Planning and i am working in SCM 7.0.

I am having below scenario:

1. I have created and CIFed material, work center (resource) and PDS (BOM and routing) to APO. In the product master, in "PP/DS" tab i have maintained the planning procedure as "4" for all materials (for finished product, semi finished and raw materials). And i did not maintain any product heuristics in product master for any materials in APO.

2. I have created and CIFed MRP Area ( in APO the MRP Area has been transferred as location with type 1007)

3. I have created PIR in R/3 and the PIR has been transferred to APO. Since i have created the PIR in R/3 with respect to MRP Area, the same has been transferred to APO in location type 1007.

4. The integration model for planned order transfer is active.

With the above setting, i am running planning run in SE38 as below in APO.

Program: /sapapo/background_scheduling

I have maintained the planning version as 000, time profile as ZSAP001 and propagation range as SAPALL.

I have chosen the heuristics as "SAP_MRP_001" (Step 1) and chosen the planing object as "Product".

And in the selection criteria i have only provided my finished product (i did not enter my semi finished and raw materials).

And in the location field, i have entered my MRP Area (not the plant).

with the above settings, if i execute the planning run, i am expecting that, my finished material as well as the semi finished and raw material will be planned. But as the output of the program, none of the materials are getting planned (EVEN MY FINISHED MATERIAL NOT GETTING PLANNED. I am expecting that for the PIRs the planned orders will be generated after heuristics run. But the planned orders also not getting generated in APO).  Can anyone please guide me on this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Sk,

1. check the plan explosion in PPDS tab of material master. what plan u have used.

it should be 5 or 0. if it is 0 check what customzing you have used for paln explosion in your global setting.

2. check in customizing which heuristic you have maintianed for plannning procedure...

one more thing in running MRP heuristic check mark with planning file entry....

and run stage numbering algorithim before running Heuristic....( MRP-001)

Regards

Debashis

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Its Solved. Its solved by providing the prod.stor.loc and storage loc for EP for my FERT,HALB and ROH item in MRP 2 view of matl master and i have re-CIFFED the material master to APO.

wilian_segatto
Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your Procurement Type for this Product? E, F or X?

Do you have a valid Source of Supply for this product? If you manually create an order in /SAPAPO/RRP3, double click on it and click the "Change" button, is there any SoS available?

Will

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi will,

My procurement type is E (In-house). I can not see any source of supply in /SAPAPO/RRP3.

Thanks

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

I have created the planned order directly in APO and i could not able to find the field "Source of Supply (SoS) in the planned order screen.

note: In the product master, i have maintained the product heurisctics "SAP_PP_002" and i have maintained the planning procedure 4 and plan explosion 5 in the PP/DS tab.

Request for your guidance.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to have your finished product planned, when this is ok, you can move forward to include other levels

A) first try going to /SAPAPO/RRP3, select edit mode and launch heuristic SAP_PP_002: check wether your planned order is created or not and maybe post a screenshot there. If this does not work, either PIRs do not create shortages or there is something wrong with your PP data. Check the logs.

B) also chech wether you selected a product heuristic in your product's master data (PP/DS tab). If you didn't and A worked, this explains why you didn't succeed: SA_MRP_01 uses the product's heuristic: if it is initial, there is nothing to do. In this case, if you had selected SAP_PP_002 in your /SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING variant you would have planned your finished product.

regards,

J.

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

A) In /N/SAPAPO/RRP3 also i have tried with heuristics "SAP_PP_002". But i could not able get the planned order for my finished product.

B) In product master, in "PP/DS" tab, i have not provided the product heuristics for my finished product as well as my semi finished product. Is it mandatory that, if i use the heuristics "SAP_MRP_001" in "/SAPAPO/BACKGROUND_SCHEDULING", the product heuristics to be defined in product master?

Note: I am planning using MRP Area (location type : 1007) for planning. Do we have any separate heuristics to plan for MRP area based planning in-stead of regular plant level planning?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A) Check wether you have a valid PDS (did you CIF it from ECC?) using /SAPAPO/CURTO_SIMU, select ppds type.

B) the standard variant (check in /SAPAPO/CDPSC11) gets the heuristic from the material master. If you wan't to force one heuristic independently of the material master, then copy SAP_MRP_01 into say ZSAP_MRP_01 and chose a product heuristic that suits your needs.

regards,

J.