Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we catch 'Print' event in Adobe form from SAP Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement as follows:

There is a button in ABAP Webdynpro view , which when clicked, a SAP Adobe Form opens. An Interactive Form UI element is used for that. When the print button is clicked in Adobe, we need to update a SAP table.

I checked that there is an event 'postprint' in SAP Adobe Form. But I do not know how to use it or what is the syntax in Form Calc/Javascript. I have a function module in SAP to update the backend table.

Please let me know whether this is feasible. If yes, then how to do it.

Thank you for all your help.

Thanks and regards,

Satya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the users use the standard "print" button on the Reader Screen the WD runtime will not be notified about the print. So this can not be catched on the backend.

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

If you are using the WD to trigger the form then there are two options, since the complete form is bind to the WD context,

1. Either provide the Print button in WD view rather than on Adobe form this will solve your problem

2. Or if it is on adobe form use Web dynpro Native 'Submit' button on the form and in your WD create a event/method ONSUBMIT it will hit this and you can write your code here.

Cheers,

L

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Lalit,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Actually, all the users will not be having the Adobe Pro and hence the interactive version will not work so that I can put a button in the form itself and also it is not as per the design.

Thanks and regards,

Satya.