cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM,EWM, ECC integration with PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on an integration requirement where in we need to integrate SCM,EWM, with ECC.

I have been researching here on this fourm and read a lot about SCM EWM directly integrating with ECC  using a wizard based integration config and NOT with SAP PI .

What would be a recommended approach in this SCM scenario ? With PI or without PI.

Thanks & Regards,

Sita K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even you can integrate SAP SCM with R/3 without using PI , but decision to use PI or not depend on number of integrations between different systems and complexity.

I personally prefer to use middleware PI to integrate system but going for PI licensing is depends on customer and Customer IT Architect

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj - Appreciate your reply.

So based on number of integrtions we make the decision to use PI or not right apart from licensing.

Can you please list out the Pros and Cons of integrating directly without PI.

Thanks again & Regards.

Sita

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Integrating SAP systems without PI also works , you could use web service based communictaion like exposing function module as a web service and consume it.

If you use middleware then number of point to point integration count become less and maintainace of all integration becomes easy,and more...search in scn

The limitations would be monitoring not possible without middleware and error handling, reprocessing failed scenarios not possible and many more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the info.

How abt CRM integration ? Like CRM -> ECC or CRM - > SAP Mobility

Do we prefer CRM middleware for these integrations or SAP PI ??

Sita

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sita,

Implementing PI middleware is a strategic plan for customer  and it works for any system integration , PI is a almost complete ESB ,where as CRM middleware maily meant for CRM system integration,but you can use PI inplace of CRMMiddleware.

I always prefer SAP PI to integrate SAP systems .

Regards,

Raj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj, Agasthuri , Raj - Very helpful answers thanks. I have a lot more Q's coming from my end. I'll post them shortly,

Regards,

Sita

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search in SCN before psoting, you will find quick solutions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Evaluate the scenarios for which you need to integrate ..

When SAP has already provided options to integrate w/o PI go for that...

else if you are planning to integrate the transaction data then better to go for PI..as said above already lot of PI features can be utilised (resubmission,monitoring,....)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sita,

>>>What would be a recommended approach in this SCM scenario ? With PI or without PI.

If validation, transformation,scheduling & montoring required use PI.

>>>Do we prefer CRM middleware for these integrations or SAP PI ??

CRM middleware is for CRM, We can use PI & also CRM Middleware to post the data. It all depends upon the requirement

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agasthuri,

Thanks for the response, its very helpful.

Can you pls explain me one scenario where in we use both CRM middleware and PI while integrating with ECC ? I dont have the requirements yet and i am in the process of defining a high level system landscape and the communication layer between the SAP modules.

Thanks,

Sita

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sita,

>>> Can you pls explain me one scenario where in we use both CRM middleware and PI while integrating with ECC ?

Consider, From ECC you need to send the data to CRM,where the data need to be validated, tranformed with the help of mapping,in this case use PI for validation & transformation. then pass thru CRM middleware to post in the core CRM funtionality..

Cheers

Agasthuri