Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Dynamic Modification for Multiple materials

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Got user requirement to create two new DMR's in Production system and update more than 5K materials

Currently these materials are not having DMR in Quality Plan, and there is only one common Q plan shared by all these materials

Need to complete this activity in Production client, can you please guide me the steps i should be following to complete this activity?

DMR will be at lot level and is succesfully tested in Q environment

Thanks

Diwakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds like you have one plan, and two new DMR rules.

So you'll have to copy the plan using QP01 and using the copy model button specify the old plan to copy from. 

Update the DMR as required.

The problem you'll have is all 5000 materials will be assinged to both plans if you copied it correctly.  You could delete all material assignments first, before copying, from the plan using program RQPREDE2 and than make the copy so both plans have no assignments.

Then use an LSMW to make the new materials assignments or use  CWBQM to manually assign them.

FF

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks, your guidelines about reassignment of Q plan is perfect

but the question is updating the historical data of various DMR stages for various vendors?

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

DMR assigment is at header level in quality plan, so u need to assign two operation in quality plan and assign both DMR in those operations. When ur production order posted then during RR select the operation with perpefct DMR rule and process the UD and RR. and as far as material assigment is concer first check how many falls in 1st DMR rule category and assign all those material in 1st operation and check remaining and assign with 2nd operation with 2nd DMR rule.

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no way to update the historical data.  It basically starts at zero again. You can manually put it at a specific stage and once you do an analysis of your current records you could group those that are on similar stages together and probably update them via an LSMW and put the vendor at the right stage of the DMR. But you won't be able to specify for instance that they have two approved lots.  Or one failed, etc...

FF

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

But in that case i will have to force close the lots for another characteristic, which i would like to avoid we are FDA regulated  environment and lot forceclosure is not allowed

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Yes thats the way, i think using QDL2 , I can upload next historical stage for vendor material and plant combination once i assign DMR in Q plan, so the next receipt will take that stage

Whatever current manul tracking stage will remain on paper for record, and thereon everything will be in SAP, sounds ok

Now to summerise it,

1) Create 2 DMR's in PRD system

2) Create 2 Q plans in Production system and assign seperate DMR's in header at lot level

3) Delete material assignment from exisiting Q plan for these materials and reassign to new Q plans

4) Update QDL2 using LSMW

Is that ok plan?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well. the devil is in the details!  Being in a regulated enviorment, (as am I), you need ot err on the side of caution.  So I would be cautious about putting any material into a skip lot stage.  Lets say you inspect every tenth receipt for a material from vendor.  If the you are on the 6th skip lot and you assing the level to a skip level, i believe it will start the count over with the new rule.  So you'll now do ten more skip lots, plus the previous 6 for a total of 16 skip lots prior to the next inspection.  BUT.. check it out in a dev system.  If the DMR criteria is just the material and vendor, you might not have to make any changes.  If it is task list, material, vendor criteria, then you'll have problems.

FF

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks for the word of Caution, but i can update the fields inspections since last change and Not Ok inspections in QDL2 ,as in your example,  which should work, as i tested in Q , is there anything you foresee aprt form what we discussed ?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope.  I didn't think you were able to update those fields, (Ok & not OK fields).  If you can, no issues than.  I don't have a system right now to check that stuff out.  Will soon. Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry but modification in DMR history like modifcation or updations in the fileds are not possible u need to carry out all with fresh data.

Regards

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Yes i will be creating Quality level for these materials with QDL1, the old histroy data will remain on paper, the DMR will start on the next Q level, with next GR, as stated in QDL1

Thanks

Diwakar

Answers (0)