cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System cannot find a document header (VBAK)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can create a quotation and save it.  Quickly following the save the user gets an email indicating that 'update was terminated'.  We can not change or add material to existing quotes either but we can add material to an existing sales order. 

System procedure given:  If an error occurs in initial data supply in APO, discrepancies have occurred between the rquirements and sales documents in R/3.  This discrepancy can be corrected in R/3 using report SDRQCR21. 

We read the note applicable to SDRQCR21 and ran it.  Problem still exists.

Does anyone know what else might be causing this?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kathy

The Problem is coming because of number range, the number you have assigned is somewhere already in the database, please change with a fresh number range and this will resolve your issue.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thank you - I checked the number ranges and it doesn't appear to be a number assigned already.  This error also occurs when we try to add a part to an existing quotation - it looks like it saves but it doesn't - does a dump.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kathy

In my opinion you check the same thing at quality server and if the problem come there also plz change the number range and make a new testing. 

Please update the same with these testings

Thanking you

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do have the problem in the quality server - do you mean I should change the quotation (sales document) number range? 

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kathy

Thanks for your swift reply, yes exactly you should change the Quotation(Sales Document) number range and assign it into VOV8.

Do the testing and update.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried - didn't work.

Thank you -

Kathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kathy

Once again thanks for the swift reply, I request you to share Dump Screen Shot and ST22 message.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick reply -  Our ABAPer indicates that the quote is not saving to the VBAK table.  ST22 shows the reason we can't go back into the document, because it's not there. 

Thank you -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kathy

Tell ABAPer, before saving the document put the system in the debug mode and try to trace out what are the things missing to cause this run time error.Else Raise OSS to SAP

Thanking you!

Ashish Misra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Ashish _ I will do that.

Have a nice day.

Kathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy ,

Can you explain the process? Is sales Quotation created manually or automatically?

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinu,

Our quotations are created manually.  We have two types, one with bill plan and one without.  The  problem one is with bill plan. 

Thank you

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

you would raise a sap message

regards,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check in t.code ST22 for details? Get help from ABAP'er to find the reason on why the system provided update was terminated error.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we did that - and it told us the note to use that tells us about the report indicated.  However this didn't work.  We were just wondering if there was something else we could look at.