cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy with backup/restore on SQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have one doubt on Homogeneous System Copy.

Requirement is: Need to build test system with Prd data( every thing is same i.e. SID, System no but hostname and ip different)

Prd system details: SAP ECC 6.0 EHP5 database : Sql server 2005 OS: windows 2003.

i want go with backup/restore method( because i have full backup of Prd)

Here am planning to perform steps:

1. Unistallation present test system (because present i have ecc 6.0 installed on this server)

2.install sqlserver 2005

3.install SAP with homogeneous system copy (do we get option to select backup here) not clear on this?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Verkat,

You're right on that way.

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000735870&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000112&_O...

Process Flow on the Source System (Export)

1. Generate the control file structure for the target database [page 54].

2. If required, create an offline backup of the source database [page 58].

Process Flow on the Target System

3.Only valid for: Windows |

Follow the instructions on the SAPinst screens until you are requested to perform the database

backup/restore.

4. To complete the system copy, you have to perform the follow-up activities [page 75

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sargan,

I am doing on SQL server database.

what i did is uninstalled existing sap(ecc 6.0), but am still able to see sql files DATA1, DATA2,DATA3,LOG1.

anyway i have started new installation with ERP6.0 EHP5 installer, and given all inputs and started installation now it is in end state.

interesting is why it is not asking for backup file(since am using backup.restore method).

what is the wrong?

please help me to further.

Thanks,

Venkat

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

what i did is uninstalled existing sap(ecc 6.0), but am still able to see sql files DATA1, DATA2,DATA3,LOG1.

- When you unistall sap did you set ( Drop database ) ?

anyway i have started new installation with ERP6.0 EHP5 installer, and given all inputs and started installation now it is in end state.

interesting is why it is not asking for backup file(since am using backup.restore method).

- Did you launch sapinst to :

Software Life-Cycle Options System Copy -> <database> ( homogeneus copy or Backup Database mode " I don't remember what text is put in on" ) ->Target System

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to all I have completed this.

Steps: 1. Uninstall only SAP Application Server (database is remain)

2.Restore database from SQL Server Management Studio

3.Install SAP Application Server with backup/Restore method.

4.If any connectivity issues, execute SQLVBscript

my case SID is remain same.

Thanks,

Venkat

Answers (0)