cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to make the note in help center available for all users?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

In the Help center for a WEB dynpro application I have entered a Note. Is possible to make this note availible for all users of this Dynpro? And limit the number of users who can edit this note? (Central administration)

Otherwise I see no other alternative but to create a generel note under FAQ and that is not acceptable.

Regards Mikael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

You can control who may edit/delete the help content by defining "key users" and "normal users":

• "key users" are allowed to create, change and delete the help content.
  • "normal users" are allowed only to view the help content.

See section "Authorization Objects to Determine Key User" in the document .

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy

Thanks, but still it seems to me like what you put under Note, is only visible for the user who created the note.

The question was for the content placed under the Note.

But looking through the SAP help it seems that we have to use the FAQ content if we want central control.

do you agree?

rgds Mikael

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

OK I understand your requirement now. It seems the answer is "no". The Help Center "Note" area is for a user's personal notes. I don't believe you can default a globally visible note there. Perhaps you could use the "Worth Knowing" section instead or as you said the FAQ section.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy

Do you know if the notes we created under FAQ section can be transported across systems?

I have created note under FAQ in Dev System. Can I transport these to QA and Production?

Rgds

Rusyinni

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rusyinni,

I believe this is done in central administration of the Help Center, SAPgui transaction SHC_ADMIN.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy

I tried SHC_ADMIN, but I do not see how the FAQ can be transported to QA and Production.

I found that the Transport option only appear after I have been assigned with Administrator role from S_WDHC_ADM role.

Rgds

Rusyinni

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rusyinni,

Chandrashekhar Mahajan's document may help you, .

Cheers,

Amy

Answers (0)