cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like to hide the “New Workbench Page” option

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to hide the “New Workbench Page” option in the blue navigation group without users also losing the ability to view a query we have on our Workbench.

The Security Profile setting that is causing the problem is: Workbench > Workbench Page > Create

When I have this set to Deny, the “New Workbench Page” option is hidden but the query we have on our Workbench is gone.

When I have this set to Create the query we have on our Workbench is there but the “New Workbench Page” option is there.

We are trying to limit user’s ability to perform tasks they do not need because we have found that the more functionality you give a user the more helpdesk calls we receive.

If anyone has any suggestions on how we can hide the “New Workbench Page” option and still keep our Workbench intact it would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

I have seen this requirement before and unfortunately was not able to find a solution.

During my testing of the security profiles while trying to find a solution I found that you can run into serious problems with new users if you deny access to create workbench pages. I think this is because when a new user first logs into the system they create their own workbench pages from the workbench page templates, if you deny create access then this can not happen!

Regards

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

While working on something else I spotted how to do this!

You can create a toolbar customisation to hide it, you just need to choose Target Toolbar ID as:

odp.system.toolbar.navigation.buyside.odpBlueNavGroup_odp.odp_AddNavTab

Thanks

Dan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much - This was very helpful