cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certification with S-user id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wish to do to SAP certification nxt month or in january.

I have a s-user id as i have written a certification 4 years back.

But i dont have PWD for it.

This s-user id is linked to my previous company email address which is Inactive.

So if i request for new pwd, i dont recveive it.

So i raised this in http://scn.sap.com/community/software-support-and-maintenance/blog/2012/04/26/frequently-asked-quest...

I mentioned clearly that ..

I have a s-user id as i have written a certification 4 years back.

But i dont have PWD for it.

This s-user id is linked to my previous company email address which is Inactive.

And also mentioned my current personal email address for contact.

I received an email from Supportcenter with a service request number - SAP CIC Confirmati​on receipt: Service Request XXXX

I recieved this email in october, but till now noone contacted me.

Is there any way to speed up this process, so that i can attend the certification exam withthis S-user id.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

p190355
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I mailed SAP Education, and was asked to submit :

1. Formal application requesting for change; With the  following details mentioned :

Full name

Certification date

Certification location

Module and version of the certification

Certificate ID

2. Copy of a NOC from your company or copy of your relieving letter.
3. Old Certificate (to be couriered)

A new S-UserID along with certificate will be issued.

Regards,

Remi

haraldernst
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

your old S-User can't be reactivated as it belongs to a Company.

If you are working as a Freelancer you should call the nearest SAP Education and let them book your certification - they do create a new S-UserID for you. This can be used after a successful certification as a password letter is generated afterwards.

If you plan to do your certification at a PearsonVUE test center you will receive a Voucher number and your S-User id which you do have to enter during the Web registration on the Pearson-VUE Site. The password generation for the S-User will take a little bit longer as we first have to load your result into our System.

If you are working for a Company with a SAP Installation it might be that they do have an Admin who could create a S-UserID for you.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards,

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi and Harald.

So the crux is My Old S-user ID will never be active.

I wrote the certification 4 years back where the company i was working booked+sponsered for the exam.

But if i write a certification now, i will get a new S-user id and when i login it will only show my current certification , but will not show my previous certification. Is there a way to make sure all my certifications fall/displayed under one ID ?

Kind Regards

John

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Nowhere you could see how many certifications you are completed under this S id. Probably, SAP is maintaining those details under their database. This is only to facilitate your access to Service Market Place. I have multiple IDs with me, however, I never used. I only used one (regular one) for accessing SDN and Service Market Place. Therefore, the one now you are going to get can be used for all your future purposes.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

haraldernst
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

it is very easy for us to transfer your certificate to the new S-UserID.

Kind regards,

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

The reason i was insisting on 1 s-user id for all my certifications is, If a company wants to verify whether i am really certified or not How will they doit?

I read somewhere that If we have S-user id and it will list all the certifications done by that s-user id this way a company can cross check ..

But as per Ravi's statement above looks like its not possible.

In that case how can a company cross check this?

Kind Regards

John

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

A company can any time check your credentials with SAP based on the S ID mentioned (without S) on your Certification. Though physically your S ID is deleted in the system, SAP would still have the audit trail for the user ID and your Certificate is still valid. S IDs could have been deleted due to various reasons, but the Certificate will still valid and all the details are available with SAP.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is linked to your previous company, it may so happen that your S ID would have been deleted by the the Basis Team of that Company. It is always better to get a new ID if you are writing a fresh certification. If you are going to pass the examination, then SAP Education Team will provide you new S id and password.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

haraldernst
Participant
0 Kudos

Just to avoid any misunderstandings: "It is always better to get a new ID if you are writing a fresh certification." is not 100% correct.

Only request a new S-UserID if you had changed your employer. We can then reassign your certificates from the old to the new S-UserID. Please, don't request a new S-UserID if the current one is still valid.

Kind regards,

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Info Harald.

But when you say 'We can then reassign your certificates from the old to the new S-UserID'.

What is the process for this.

Can you suggest details such as - email addresses or contact number or Url's where i can raise this request once i get new S-User Id.

I know this needs some investigation but it will be really helpfull if you can do so.

Kind Regards

John

haraldernst
Participant
0 Kudos

John,

The Education Team where you register for your next certification will create a ticket with your old S-User-ID (you should ask for this - and have your old S-User available) and the new one - so that the certificate can be transferred to the new S-User.

Kind regards,

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harald.

What is the process if i am writing with help of PearsonVUE ?

Please help.

Kind Regards

John

haraldernst
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

because this depends on the country where you want to register please follow the instructions we posted on the PearsonVUE Web-Site.

http://pearsonvue.com/sap/

Best regards,

Harald