Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for MDM Catalog

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

We are in SRM 7.01 with ECC 6.05 deploying classic scenario, and central contract management (including services hierarchy in contract). We want to add MDM catalog (3.0) in our landscape and want to clarify some things:

a. We have some requisitions created in ECC (PR) and in SRM (SC). If we deploy MDM Catalog, can this catalog be accessed through PR screen in our ECC as well? How can we set it up?

b. As we are in classic scenario, we notice that even when we create SC in SRM, the contract suggested by the system as source of supply is the ECC contract number, rather than SRM central contract (we use central contract management, where contract negotiated in SRM and then distributed to ECC, generating a different contract number). In this case, when we want to load the contract to catalog and used in SC, which contract number should we used? The SRM contract number or the ECC contract number?

c. We use service hierarchy in our contract so the structure between SRM and ECC will be the same. As we understand that we can distribute this contract to catalog. In catalog, does the hierarchy is preserved? If it is preserved what will be the impact to SC? as we know when we create SC, we cannot have service hierarchy, so I assume that though the service is presented as hierarchy in catalog, once we pull the data to SC it will be in flat format. Is this correct?

d. Related to contract distributed to catalog, how does it work? Is this automatic, meaning that once we tick the distribution flag, and once the contract is

released (got final approver), the contract is automatically distributed to catalog? Or we should run a program to distribute it to catalog?

e. Related to point d, if the contract expire (current date is later than validity end date), what will happen to the data in the catalog? Is the data expires automatically or we need to clean it up manually?

Sorry for a lot of questions, hope someone can shed some lights to me.

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

a. We have some requisitions created in ECC (PR) and in SRM (SC). If we deploy MDM Catalog, can this catalog be accessed through PR screen in our ECC as well? How can we set it up?

Answer :

Yes you can connect the catalog with ECC in the PR screen where you can see the catalog icon . You can follow the same procedure on how you are connecting catalog with SRM.

b. As we are in classic scenario, we notice that even when we create SC in SRM, the contract suggested by the system as source of supply is the ECC contract number, rather than SRM central contract (we use central contract management, where contract negotiated in SRM and then distributed to ECC, generating a different contract number). In this case, when we want to load the contract to catalog and used in SC, which contract number should we used? The SRM contract number or the ECC contract number?

It will be best practice if you distribute contract either from one system to Catalog.For your business case , Distributing ECC contract to catalog sounds good.

c. We use service hierarchy in our contract so the structure between SRM and ECC will be the same. As we understand that we can distribute this contract to catalog. In catalog, does the hierarchy is preserved? If it is preserved what will be the impact to SC? as we know when we create SC, we cannot have service hierarchy, so I assume that though the service is presented as hierarchy in catalog, once we pull the data to SC it will be in flat format. Is this correct?

Answer:

You can distribute Contract hierarchy to Catalog where it can be stored exact format as it is in SRM. You can transfer those hierarchy contract items as a flat format while creating shopping cart and

the entire hierarchy format will get transferred during creating of RFX.

d. Related to contract distributed to catalog, how does it work? Is this automatic, meaning that once we tick the distribution flag, and once the contract is

released (got final approver), the contract is automatically distributed to catalog? Or we should run a program to distribute it to catalog?

Answer :

It will get transferred via PI interface settings.

e. Related to point d, if the contract expire (current date is later than validity end date), what will happen to the data in the catalog? Is the data expires automatically or we need to clean it up manually?

Answer:

Contract with following status will get updated in the catalog via PI .

1. Released

2.Deleted

3. Locked

And deleted or locked contracts will get updated as "Absolute" in Catalog which will not shown in the search results.

Regards

Ashok

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I hope you dont mind if I want to clarify something.

Can we upload contract with service hierarchy from ECC to MDM Catalog? I have checked the tcode MECCM mentioned by SAP, and it seems that it only works for material?

For point d, I understand that the data transfer will come through PI, however what confuse me is when the transfer begin? Is it right away after the contract is approved?

Regarding the expired contract, are you saying that once the contract is locked in SRM, the data in catalog is instanly updated as "Obsolete"?

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

You can upload contract with service hierarchy from ECC to MDM via the same tcode MECCM . It will work for both material as well as services only different is the PI interface method which gets triggered and the xml messages which gets generated.

When ever the status of the contract is either one of the following options Released ( even if if the workflow is active ) , Deleted or Locked and the field "distribute contract to catalog" is checked it will get uploaded or updated to the catalog via the generated xml messages.

Regards

Ashok

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I need some help from you, you said you are getting contract number from ECC  while creating SC does it shows info record as well ?

We are in SRM7 ECC6 ehp4 using Classic scenario, in our case we are not getting contracts while creating SC under source of supply tab using a Material master SC.

Also can you check this FM "BBP_SOURCEDETERMIN_GETSOS" in ECC returns contracts ?

please suggest.

Regards,

Raghu

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

In my case, even if I create contract in ECC (not creating central contract in SRM then distributed to ECC), I will be able to see the contract during SC creation.

Can you check note 1592750? I have almost the same problem in my previous project (though it runs on extended classic), apparently there is a confusion related to the leading zero in the product id. Applying this note solve my problem

Best regards,

John