cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Sender Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably just missing something obvious but I have a quick question regarding the mail sender adapter.

I have set one up and it pulls the expected email into PI. However, every time the poll runs it repeatadly pulls in the same email. I would have expected the mail adapter to delete the original email from the inbox it is was sent to. If not how do you stop a poll pulling the same email in over and over again. Without the ability to not repull emails the mail sender adapter is fairly useless. I can't believe it is so what is it I'm missing ?

Cheers,

PaulC.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try using IMail.FetchLimit Parameter in advanced mode tab?

Please refer:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/3276dba3af58d8e10000000a421937/content.htm

Thanks

RG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

However, I think both tips require me to have used IMAP4 as the Transport Protocol. I used POP3. Is the feeling that I should used IMAP4 ?

PaulC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add I am using POP3.

Reading around it seems to be implied that emails will be marked as read but that isn't happening for me. The same ones keep being picked up on every poll.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Help would be appreciated on this if at all possible. At the moment PI as the option to process emails will probably be out if we can't stop the same emails being pulled on each poll.

Cheers,

PaulC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Did u try the below option 'Delete Messages Once Read'

Please try and check.

Thanks,

Satish.