cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum nomber of entries in main tables of the following repositories customer, vendor and SRM MDM catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can someone help me with a short answer: Which is the maximum nomber of entries in the main table of the following repositories?

-customer,

-vendor

-SRM MDM catalog

I mention the used sap MDM Netweaver Version is 7.1.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member

We had more than 1 800 000 records in our material repository.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as record count is concerned, you can store as many records in Main table as you want, theoretically. Also in MDM Console reference guide it is mentioned:

DATA GROUPS

As described under “Taxonomies” above, a large MDM repository may contain hundreds of thousands and even millions of main table records, and these records can be organized within MDM into a hierarchical taxonomy of categories and subcategories.

So there should not be any issue in storing the records in MDM repository main table. But you need to do MDM sizing based upon the data type and volume you need to store in the repository. This is required to ensure good performance even with large number of records. I hope this could be helpful to you. Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

How the MDM MDM sizing based upon the data type and volume you need to store in the repository is done? Where can I see this information?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow below link, this would give you fair idea regarding MDM sizing:

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001921872008E

You would need to have SMP login ID for accessing this link.

Or you can search few documents or posts on Google related to MDM sizing.

Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj