cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do moderators follow the 'moderator rules' ?

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good day,

There are some new locked posts in SAP ERP SD Sales forum:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3264219

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3264191

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3264851

According to Moderator Rules of Engagement they (moderators) must leave a comment taking any action on content :

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-32022

regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you All.

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The thread owners of all three links sited by mr. PPIO seem to be new to SAP.

Many a times (in my opinion) people new to SAP, are also new to finding out (SAP) answers by themselves by searching the internet. Also the amount of "information" in the internet could be overwhelming and confusing.

Slowly as one gathers SAP experience, one becomes more skilled in searching SAP related content in the internet (also learns "extra" by "accidentally" bumping into "related areas").

I would suggest to convey to these members

- search the internet

- provide a (useful/ related) link or two

before locking (never deleting) a thread.

Maybe the work load of Moderators might increase but this is worth the effort...to encourage new entrants on their way forward...in this highly satisfying SAP journey

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe the work load of Moderators might increase

Definitely, post migration of SCN, my work load has been increased to a great extent and as I said, already, I have given couple of suggestions to SCN team long time back and I am not sure when that will get implemented.  To be honest, I am finding it very difficult to advice in each and every locked thread.  What the worst fact is even after cautioning members, they keep ignoring my request and posting many basic queries.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello sir,

If i was generated the invoice bill successfully for 100 cotton boxes instead of 99 cotton box,,then how to reduce one cotton box from particular shipment delivery  and how to regenerated for again invoice billing for 99 cotton box,, Pls give the process through particular Tranaction code in SAP...

Thank You,,

Sabeesh.G

[eMail Address Removed by SCN Moderator]

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

It is like a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there.

Phani Prasad

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please post your query as a new discussion rather than a comment on an unrelated thread.

Also, to get a quick (or any) response, create your new discussion in a space related to your query.  This way it will be visible to topic experts who will then see and reply to it.  The SCN Site Index contains a full listing of all SCN spaces.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Lakshmi. It may not be possible for moderators to quarantine every message posted in the forums amidst other responsibilities. A proper analysis of the messages is also a prerequisite to block some of the contents for reasons ranging from plagiarism, incorrect answers, job postings etc.

I was thinking of making preliminary search mandatory before posting a question in the forum. This will atleast prevent some of the elementary questions raised by people about the transaction codes and basic doubts.

I also believe in indexing the messages properly for quicker and efficient retrieval by the forum seekers for some information. For example in SD we have the pricing functionality enabled under the link SD-BF-PR. If this classification is used for posting questions or doing search combined with the mandatory search before posting a question, quantum of poor questions will reduce dramatically.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
must leave a comment taking any action on content

Quite true but imagine in a day there are more than 50 threads are being posted and the threads clicked for Abuse are on the higher side.  Having said this, since I am finding it very difficult to add comments in each and every thread, I have already raised in Moderators forum to simplify our job and proposed few suggestions also.  Needless to mention, wherever possible, I am adding my comments and in some cases, sent DM. Not sure, when it is going to be implemented but till such time, we will have to wait.

G. Lakshmipathi

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this is certainly encouraged for transparency. There is a bug that occasionally strikes that causes the edited content to not show, not sure if this is the case here. There is no doubt that the questions deserved to be locked due to basic and did-not-search nature.

Paging for a comment, as he is mostly active in this space.

Thomas