cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As i m facing a problem where i get more same "time out"dumps.When i check in st22 the details of dump it shows me in the column of what happened as :

The program "????????????????????????????????????????" has exceeded the maximum

permitted runtime without

interruption, and has therefore been terminated.

when i check the option of information on where termination occured it shows me blank(i.e. nothing written under the above mentioned heading.)

Waiting for your valuable suggestion.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

You are trying to execute a certain task in foreground.

The dump TIME_OUT will always occur if the total time taken by task exceeds the value of parameter: rdisp/max_wprun_time

This parameter limits the maximum runtime of a process step within

a dialog process. This ensures that dialog processes are not blocked by programs with long runtimes which hinder online operation.

After the maximum runtime has expired, the program terminates in two stages:

- If the program is currently executing ABAP commands, the ABAP processor terminates the program.

- If the program is hanging in an external command, such as SQL, the entire work process is terminated after a second time period of a maximum of 60 seconds, and the user context is reset after the process restart.

An ABAP short dump is generated in both cases.

The Unit value can be specified with or without a time unit. If you do not specify a time unit, the system uses seconds as the unit.

Alternatively, you can specify M for minutes or H for hours. There can be spaces between the value and the unit.

Examples:

300 300 seconds

2 M 2 minutes

3H 3 hours

Please execute the same task in background. executing the task in background will avoid the short dump TIME_OUT

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

<i>'Award points for useful info'</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ammey,

Thanks for your suggestions but as you said to run the job in background.The thing is that the dump which comes is not from particular transaction but from different users and different transactions.They are just executing few transactions which are also not common .So it is bit unpredictable that what to run in background and on which transaction the dump is given.I m facing this problem from past 15 days only not before that.Waiting for the valuable advise.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Has the problem solved?

Maybe the SAP Parameter 'rdisp/max_wprun_time' has considerably low value

increase the value of the parameter as per your requirement. But take care you don't increase it too much

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

<i>'Award points for useful info'</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ammey,

No the problem is not solved .The parameter 'rdisp/max_wprun_time' is normal and checked there is no issue.I think it has no issues with the parameter as other processes are running correctly and proporely.Please guide me what to do?

Regards,

Amit

Message was edited by:

amit prayag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ys problem is solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is your sap system\db versions ???

i had some dumps with that info when i upgraded from 9.2.0.7 to 9.2.0.8 and didnt upgrade the client.

Message was edited by:

Joaquim Pereira