cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MISSING_INDEX: Table: SAPSR3.TLOCKP_TMP # Table has no index

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I've noticed in the results of the DBCHECK job in DB13 that we have a number of warnings for missing indexes.

SAPSR3.TLOCKP_TMP

SAPSR3.ZTLOCKP

SAPSR3.ZTLOCKPC

In SE11 these tables cannot be found. I dont know how to check the tables at oracle level, can anybody tell me how to check at oracle level?

Does anyone know if these tables should have indexes?

If so what would be the best way to create these?

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this the first time you run a db13 check job, if not, is it the first time you see these tables showing up?

Judging by the table names they were created for safekeeping, _TMP suffix and Z prefix etc.

Check when they were created in oracle

sqlplus

/ as sysdba

select owner,object_name, object_type, created from dba_objects where object_name in ('TLOCKP_TMP','ZTLOCKP','ZTLOCKPC');

Was it recently or many years ago? If recently, surely you can find whoever it was who created these temp tables and see what to do with them. Likely though it was several years ago.

My guess - someone created these tables, copies of the original tlockp table, to fix some problem on low level and he wanted a backup of the table so they ran 'create table <temp name> as select * from sapr3.tlockp' and of course didn't create any index on them. Now checkdb job ran and was evaluated and you found out about these leftovers from many years ago. Likely it can be deleted, as there is no note on these tables and no abap dictionary entry - if they exist for a long time then it's unlikely they are needed ever again....