Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How find existing database drivers in sap xi

deviprasad_pothireddy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

1)How to find the already existing drivers( database and jms) on sap XI J2EE engine. if not, how to install the drivers on sap xi server( please explain with step by step).

2)In integration Directory we can find the different configuration scenario's. if we double click on it, we can find the status of that configuration scenario. Now i would like to inactive that configuration scenario( but not the objects like communication channels, i am using these in some other config.scenarios).

3)Can any body clearly explain about module option in an adapter? does it need java/j2ee code? then where do we use that one.

4)I don't find any logout option in the sap service market place. where can i find it?

Regards,

Deviprasad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>3)Can any body clearly explain about module option in an adapter? does it need java/j2ee code? then where do we use that one.

yes you can add your own adapter modules (you write them in java of course)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want oracle then i advice to look Note 867176 - FAQ: Oracle JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To add u can view the jars from Visual Admin too.

Navigate to

Server-->Libraries->com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib

U can see the Jars contained.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>2)In integration Directory we can find the different configuration scenario's. if we double click on it, we can find the status of that configuration scenario. Now i would like to inactive that configuration scenario( but not the objects like communication channels, i am using these in some other config.scenarios).</i>

>> you cannot deactivate any of the CS objects. But you can deactivate the CC so that none of the data is picked or placed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can create and add your own adapter modules.

EX.https:///people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/04/read-excel-instead-of-xml-through-fileadapter

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

Answering yor first question, if any DB or JMS drivers are installed, you can check them at

<i>/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<SYSNO>/j2ee/cluster/server0/bin/ext/com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib</i>

Regards

Sunita

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Question 1 -->

On SP 14 , if you create a Dummy JDBC adapter and activate it and then if you look tha the log in Adapter Monitoring, it displayed "Available Drivers" in the last line of the log.

To install drivers,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-9644e49f...

2 -->

Configuration Scenarios are just a means of grouping your Objects. You will need to activate / deactivate your Comm Channels manually from Communication Channel Moniroting. You cannot deactivate all objects under a Config Scenario by just deactivating the Config Scenario. Actually, Config Scenarios cannot be deactivated.

3 --> Yes, you need to know Core Java for Modules. If you know EJB's it is an Added Advanatge.

More on this article,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3bdc14e1-0901-0010-b5a9-a01e29d7...

Regards

Bhavesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How to Install and Configure External Drivers for JDBC & JMS (PDF 374.1KB) - [original link is broken]

That should solve on of your problems.