cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Not triggered in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have below BPM and is working fine. But when i want to trigger an alert, if there is any mapping error; then there is no error alert triggered, also there is no error in moni.  any Idea where is the message disappeared? and why there is no alert email for the same? Alert category is working fine.

and below is the control step properties:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is PI_FINANCE_JPM alert properly defined in transaction ALRTCATDEF ?

Are any user assigned to that alert ?

Do all the users involved have an email address defined in SU01 ?

SCOT transaction also configured ?

Do you see any message in the SCOT transaction ?

Regards,

Guislain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guislain. Yes PI_FINANCE_JPM alert properly defined in transaction ALRTCATDEF and is very well working with other interfaces and it has user assigned, all settings r in place.
also where is my failed message? is something is missing to define in BPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So alert config is OK.

I did something similar last year and you don't need more to generate the alert.

I think that the alert is just not triggered. Use report RSALERTDISP to check if you can see it.

What is the message status in SXMB_MONI ? SMQ2 ok ? Did you use the "process" radio button in SXMB_MONI ?

Furthermore I am not sure that you can get an alert from a failling mapping that way...

Regards,

Guislain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guislain, i see those failed messages in SMQ2.

when executed report RSALERTDISP i see entries for alert triggered for this category. But not for this BPM, it was previous dates.

below is the status in moni.

and below is the status in SmQ2.

so still no clue why alert is not triggered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So this scenario will not be able to throw alerts when mapping fails.

Currently, you have all your ccBPM instances stucked into the queue that you see in SMQ2. This queue is blocked because the mapping in the ccBPM fails... Therefore, you don't get the alert because ccBPM instance failed before sending.

Best way to get an alert would be to monitor the Business Process Engine itself.

If you want to clear the queue, cancel the messages stucked in SMQ2, and also clean the SWWL transaction content, sometimes, that help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guislain.

I canceled the message stuck in SMQ2.. now everything is working with triggering alert. thanks so much for your time and valuable inputs. I appreciate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome

Answers (0)