cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No log or messages in monitoring SUP

pieterjanssens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Although monitoring is enabled with the settings shown below, nothing is visible in SUP under monitoring.

Tab general shows duration type ALWAYS_ON and status ENABLED.

There is nothing in any of the monitoring tabs while I just used a mobile SAP app.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pieter,

Here is the real reason you are not seeing data:

SAP Productivity apps are using ODP proxy. The monitoring functionality is only available for MBO-based applications -- that's why you are not seeing any data in the monitoring UI.

For the ODP applications, the monitoring equivalent capability in terms of logging requests, is provided in the domain log. There are specific buckets for OData based applications (Proxy Request/Response, Push, Error). You need to configure domain log in ‘default’ domain, create domain log profile in a domain where application exists to specify which scope the logging should be enabled, and then use SCC UI to trace the activities.

So please review the content in http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01704.0213/doc/html/aba13... and setup domain logging for your ODP app. You'll notice in this instance of online help, there is no documentation for monitoring.

Cheers,

A.

pieterjanssens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Annette,

I set it up and it's working good now.

Cheers,

Pieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fantastic! Glad it's sorted.

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting similar error "Error Bad request" when I refresh my screen. And I dont know where i am missing, I did the above step by creating domain log.

But still it is not resolved.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Where is the message appearing? Can you provide more details what you did leading up to the error so I can better understand the context?

Thanks,

A.

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Annette,

Once we activate and login to app. (LSO) we are getting error "Bad Request". When we refresh the screen to get the Course details for booking, getting the same error. But whatever I book the Course from ECC, the data is showing up in My Bookings.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ambika_kv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pieter,

You have enabled the flush threshold - hence all you logs are getting cleared every 5min or when the number of rows reaches 100 (which ever is first).

For now you can uncheck Enable Flush Threshold and check the logs.

Later on edit these values according to your convinience.

Regards,

Ambika

pieterjanssens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi thanks, but that is not the issue, I tried turning flushing off before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pieter,

Would your experience be similar to what is described here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3263734

What version are you using? Can you describe your use case in more detail?

Thx,

A.

pieterjanssens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It's similar in the way that I also don't have any data logged.

But I'm not filtering for anything and I do have mobile users, which are authenticated and connected with one of the application connections.

The version of SCC is 3.2.2 (4114) (Help --> About Sybase Control Center)
(BTW I think 3.2.7 is the latest now, but I cannot find an upgrade guide for 3.2.2 to 3.2.7?).

Under server I see version 2.1.3.231.

The connection test (ping) inside SCC is successful.

The connection to monitordb is setup as:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the details Pieter,

Have your apps synchronized? Do the clients report errors? Do you see the active connection inside SCC?

Just trying to think of what else could be happening. In the meantime, I'll direct your question to someone that may be able to help.

pieterjanssens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Annette.

The following apps are working and synchronize with SAP backend.

• SAP Employee Lookup
  • SAP HCM Interview Assistant
  • SAP HCM Manager Insight
  • SAP HR Approvals
  • SAP Leave Request
  • SAP Timesheet
  • SAP Travel Expense Approval

I can see the status going from offline to online under the tab Application Connections in SCC after logging in and refreshing the list of connections.

I'm having trouble to get SAP Learning Assistant running.

Right after logging in I get "Error - Bad request".

Feel free to check it out http://scn.sap.com/thread/3265214

That is why monitoring is crucial to find out what is wrong with the config.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. So things do seem to be setup and functional, outside of the the bad request message of course. Are you using a Relay Server? 

pieterjanssens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No Relay server yet, but someone did once start setting up a relay server and then took it down because there were some issues with it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I only ask b/c that error can appear when an incorrect URL suffix is encoded in the application. In the meantime, I've redirected the question to someone on the team. I'm hoping they'll post here or get back to me via email tomorrow. Stay tuned.

pieterjanssens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Annette,

Any update on this?

Pieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

None so far I'm afraid.