cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Ariba with SAP R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am a german student working on my master thesis right now. One part of my project is to show how Ariba and SAP R3 can get connected technically and to show the whole procurement process using the two systems.

Can you or anyone else provide me some documents which explains the process and the technical parts and maybe shows the advantages of connecting Ariba with SAP R3? Would be very helpful!! Thanks a lot!!

Best regards from Germany

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

The recommended approach would be using middleware like(SAP PI/TIBCO/WebMethods) to integrate ARIBA and R/3.

google it, you will find some case studies on the same.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja!

This helped me very much to find technical information about the integration process.

Unfortunately I couldn't find case studies for either of them. Do you have something useful? Maybe my english was just to bad to find something but I think google can't anything.

Would be great if you could send me some further information or case studys.

Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

Best regards

Steve

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Would be great if you could send me some further information or case studys.

The interesting is Ariba is almost or going to be part of SAP now. That means you will see SAP solution for the integration between this two systems.  Ariba seems helping SAP for the small and medium business areas of enterprise modules that SAP does not have at that moment.  You can pretty much do integration through web service based or cloud technology. 

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9233557/SAP_unveils_Ariba_integration_plans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Baskar,

thanks for the fast help.

I have one more question, you must understand I am absolutly no informatics expert. What do you mean by web service based technology?

Thanks for your help!

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP PI supports various standards/communication protocols to integrate the sender and target systems. It has adapters for the different protocol communication. We can use Soap adapter (example) to integrate example Ariba with SAP backend using web service.  You can learn more about the details of web service online.   example wiki  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_service

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our landscape we have around 20 interfaces between Ariba procurement and SAP.

all most all of them make WebService calls to and from SAP PI in turn SAP PI connects to SAP ECC either through proxy or IDocs  and the other way around. hope this helps.