cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC - EHP4 System copy (dual stack)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am planning for the system copy of our SAP Production system and its properties are as below :

1. SAP ECC- EHP4 - SP07 with dual stack (Both ABAP and java on single server)- AIX box

2. Contains 2 application servers. (AIX )

3. Databse is DB2 and is on separate hardware with HACMP Cluster. (AIX box)

4. System copy to be done to  dev system using full online copy

and DEV system is as below :

1. SAPand DB2 installed on single AIX box

Now I need to copy this system in to a Dev system , to create a new dev system for an another big enhancement project.  could some one through some light on following questions :

1. The first thing i have in my mind is - stop SAP on dev system , restore the DB on dev from the backup copy of prod  and start DB on dev after running few post recover scripts and strart SAP . ( because dev is already got SAP installed )

2. One of my friend raised a question of - i still need to export the java stack on the production , and then use it after uninstalling the SAP on the dev box and select a specific option ( DB something in sapinst- just to tell instmaster that, DB is already recovered from Prod ) and when the option comes for java export, give the exported copy of the java stack from production. ----- My question here is ...why should we do like this when we have already restored the database that includes both ABAP and java stacks)

Thanks for patience...

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_pabreja
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shabbir,

You need to take the java export and import as the database backup does not backup the app and SDM related data of your java stack. So you need to take the export of java separately to import this data.

Regards,

Pankaj Pabreja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabbir,

You need to export SDM directories using SAPINST at older and new versions is a prerequisit of system copy.

In order to assist you I recommending to read carefully the system copy guide:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000670917&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000112&_O...

1. Run SAPinst on UNIX or Windows [page 34] to create the export directory structure with labels and to archive SDM and application-specific file system content.

In SAPinst, choose the installation option that corresponds to your database, SAP system, and

technology, and then Database and Central System Export.

EXAMPLE

<your SAP version> Software Life-Cycle Options System Copy Oracle Source System Export

Central System Based on AS ABAP and AS Java Database and Central System Export

2. Generate the control file structure for the target database [page 60].

3. If required, create an offline backup of the source database [page 65].

4. To complete the system copy, you have to perform the follow-up activities [page 81]

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Pankaj and Sargan.

i remember now, the database backup copy doesnt includes few of the java content, one of  those is SDM . thanks for your answers and clarifications.