cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in the shopping cart in Sourcing

0 Kudos

we use Classic scenario in our environment. In SRM 5.0/ECC 6.0 , when the Purchase order is deleted , the cart come back to sourcing . The buyer can make changes in the cart and recreate Purchase order. In std SRM 7.0 , the cart comes back to sourcing . When buyer hit on change cart , the system pops up the message that "Folllow on documents exist.Shping cart can't be changed ." Is it the standard behaviour in SRM 7.0

Acutally standard SRM 7.0 , system won't allow to make change in the shopping cart in souring . SAP provided OSS notes to make the change in system for this requirement and we implemented these OSS notes. When the shoping cart comes to sourcing after all the approvals , buyer is able to make changes and create Purchase order. But when the follow on doc is created and subsequently deleted , we are getting the error message , as stated above.

Any feedback or suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks, Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

You mentioned you applied OSS note for the issue that Shopping cart are not editable, Could you please provide what exactly the note number?

Please refer OSS #

1739755 - What fields are editable in a shopping cart from the Sourcing Cockpit ?

This is Knowledge Base article that from SP6 SRM 7 EHP1 which fields are editable in Sourcing and if you have issue there are various notes also provided.

Regarding your second query that you are getting error once PO deleted in backend system it still throw error message that shopping cart can not be editable, Are you executing BBP_GETSTATUS_2 job? If so then what is the timeline you are executing (i.e. past 30 days, past one week etc). The reason is if you have this old Shopping cart whose PO is deleted then there may be chance that status of the Shopping cart is not updated in SRM system and that's why you get the error message.  In such case please execute BBP_GETSTATUS_2 program with that particular shopping cart and check if you still face the issue editing in SRM.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your feedback. Actually if the status is not updated by BBP_GETSTATUS_2 job , the cart won't come back to sourcing once the Purchase order is deleted. The job updated the status and got the cart back in sourcing. But I could not go into change mode of the cart . The error message ""Folllow on documents exist.Shping cart can't be changed" seems to be new in SRM 7.0

Thanks,Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Thank you also for providing further details as from the original note i did not understand if you are seeing SC back in SOCO after PO is deleted or not.

Are you guys on EHP1? or SRM 7 only? The reason i am asking is i found a note which stats that how to activate Edit functionality of Shopping cart in SOCO. Are you guys able to edit any shopping cart prior to converting into PO? Please take a look

Note 1549371 - Enable Shopping cart Edit from Sourcing cockpit

Hope this helps.

Ritesh

Answers (0)