cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sxmb_ifr throws the error: browser is completely ignoring the <APPLET> tag!

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

sxmb_ifr is throwing the below error:

Opening the PI tools page with IP Add & FQDN explicitly from a browser is working fine but when using sxmb_ifr, the above error pops-up in the browser (IE 9).

Tried resetting the IE 9 settings to default & ensured that the below option in IE was already enabled.

But the error still exists. sxmb_ifr is working fine for my DEV & QA PI boxes. This issue occurred in the newly installed Pre-Prod box.

Can someone throw some light on the issue..?

Br,

Saiganesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Saiganesh.

Please check the SAP Note 1153713

Regards
Lucho
former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lucho,

I already looked at the mentioned note and made the changes as shown above i.e., Scripting of Java applets was enabled in IE and also the ActiveX Filtering was turned on in IE.

But the issue still exists. Pls note that sxmb_ifr is working fine for my DEV & QA PI boxes. Issue occurred in the newly installed Pre-Prod box.

Br,

Saiganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

It's strange.. Have you checked with another browser?

Regards

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lucho,

Thanks for your time. The issue got resolved.

Initially I found that the IE config in sxmb_adm was missing and somehow sxmb_ifr was trying to open the SAP Management Console (notice the port 56513 in my above screen shot) and resulted in the error.

Corrected the IE config in sxmb_adm and then sxmb_ifr was opening up with the PI tools start page.

For the below error:

I noticed that we are using 64-bit Java but our browsers (IE9 & FF 16.0.2) are only 32-bit browsers. Hence console is not opening and throwing the above error. I installed 32-bit Java and now even the console was opening fine for me.

Closing the thread.

Br,

Saiganesh.

Answers (0)