cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro - FPM Dialog box - pass data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where I'm thrwing a dialog box I configured in FPM WebDynpro. However I'm not able to pass any data to the dialog box that I called.

Any suggestions for me

Cheers

Arnab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arnab,

I was searching for the same question when i came across this thread. Doing some analysis i got the answer. I am not sure its helpful to you as the thread is from year 2012.

For your scenario when you need to pass the data in the pop up from an FPM, you must be using

cl_fpm=>get_instance( )->open_dialog_box to open the pop up.

If you check the import parameters this contains io_event_data as one of the importing parameters. This will be used to pass the data to the pop up.

Create the instance of this object and use set_data method to pass the data.

Now the question is where you can catch this data. If its a free style UIBB then you must have implemented an interface if_wd_ui_building_block.

In the before_output method you will get this passed data in io_event object.

There you can access the passed data, using mo_event_data->parameters.

I wish the solution will be helpful to someone who come searching for this.

J_R
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Vishu,

be careful and do not use CL_FPM=>GET_INSTANCE(). The correct way of getting an instance of interface IF_FPM is by calling CL_FPM_FACTORY=>GET_INSTANCE().

Best regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this point... I would keep this in mind.

former_member182680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jens,

thank you for the hint. Would you please clear the fog, as far as I can see it, cl_fpm_factory=>get_instance( ) refers to cl_fpm=>get_instance( ) (NW 7.03)

Are you going to shut off  cl_fpm=>get_instance( ). in future releases?

Thank you, Uwe

J_R
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Uwe,

in NW 7.03 in fact it doesn't make a difference whether you call CL_FPM_FACTORY=>GET_INSTANCE() or CL_FPM=>GET_INSTANCE. However, please keep in mind that CL_FPM is not intended for official use and may underly future incompatible changes. We do not plan to shut off CL_FPM=>GET_INSTANCE() for the time being.

As of NW 7.31 we enable a multi-instance functionality in the FPM. In order to use that you have to call CL_FPM_FACTORY=>GET_INSTANCE(). It will not work with CL_FPM=>GET_INSTANCE().

Best regards,

Jens

former_member182680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jens, alright, thank you very much!

J_R
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

you can have UIBBs on your FPM dialog box as on any other FPM page. The data transport mechanisms are therefore the same as between UIBBs. For example, you could create a singleton class as data container that can be accessed from any UIBB in your application, or, if there are just a very few parameters to be transferred between the UIBBs you can also add application-specific event parameters to your FPM events.

Best regards,

Jens