Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No privacy within streamwork?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing the following problem:

I invited a colleague to an activity. Since he accepted, he can read my whole feed with all my activities nevertheless if they are related to the activity I invited him or not. Also messages I directly send to somebody with the @ symbol.

My setting for the feed is 'show to nobody'

In my opinion this is a bug. Did you recognize similar behavior for your feed?

Regards

Henning

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Status updates made from the home page are visible to everyone in the organization or to all StreamWork users, depending on what is chosen in the “Broadcast to:” option (by default they are sent only to the organization).  Mentioning someone with the “@” sign does not make it a private message to that person, it merely alerts that person about the message, so that they can go and look at it.  Think of it as speaking in a crowded room: anyone can hear what you are saying, but they may not be paying attention.  Saying a person’s name will draw their attention to the comment.

Following a person does not control who is able to see status updates, it just notifies the follower of the updates created by the followed and puts those updates in the “follows” feed.  A person’s profile still contains all the status updates they have created, and anyone (subject to the “org” vs “all StreamWork” restriction I mentioned above) can see all the status updates there.

• When you update a status in SW, you are broadcasting it to the entire org or all SW users.
  • When I choose to follow you, I am asking to have the content you broadcast highlighted in my own feed.

Likewise, a reply to a public status update is equally public, because it is part of a public conversation.

Activities, on the other hand, are intended to have a higher degree of privacy.  Any feed items related to an activity (adding, changing, or commenting on an item or updating and commenting on the status of an activity) will appear on your profile, but only to people who are members of that activity.

If your colleague can see your actions within an activity that the colleague is not a member of, that does sound like a bug, and I’d like you to e-mail me with details about exactly how.  Please first confirm that the person isn’t a member of the activity.

The “feed privacy” settings only controls alerts about you changing your profile or starting/stopping following someone. See https://streamwork.com/help/account_settings.html.

Answers (0)