cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Std.charateristic description missing

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have just started using a standard characteristic LOBM_HSDAT. We have also updated this characteristics in most of the batches.

Now we found that the description of this characteristics is missing in production. As this characteristics is from SAP name space we can not chnage it manually. 

I am not sure of using trannsaction BMSM.

Does anyone have a idea how we can add the description to this Std Characteristics( in CT04).

Thanks

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vivek_tembe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

Greetings !

1) Standard Characteristics LOBM_* are copied from Client 000 and updated by BMSM transaction

2) LOBM_HSDAT is a standard SAP characteristic for manufacturing date having the description

"Date when Batch Was Produced"

It is a reserved name so change is not allowed

So you are not able to see the characteristic description in production  ?

3) You may consider copying the standard characteristic LOBM_HSDAT to create a new characteristic ZHSDAT to meet your business requirements

Regards

Vivek Tembe

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd rerun BMSM in production again. Typically I think you have to anyway.  I can't remember for sure but I don't think you move the characteristics by transports.  You have to run it in each client.

FF

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek and FF,

Thanks for the response

We can not create a new characteristics by coping the existing one as there are too many batches which are using this chracteristics .

So could you please let us know , if we rerun the BMSM what will be it;s effect on other standard characteristics .

Thanks

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is s standard piece of configuration to do this.  You don't use the BASIS tools for copying clients for this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/de/1d4b6e5733d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/25/2839994f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/content.htm

You'll find the config in Batch Management under

Batch Valuation ® Update Standard Characteristics

The config is a standard SAP program.  You don't need to worry about the existing characterisitcs that you have.  It won't damage any exsitng characteristics you have. 

FF