cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from UDS to PCO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings all,

I have at least two hundred Tag Queries using UDS on MII 11.5 and moving to TagRetrieve Queries using PCo on MII 12.2.

Hoping someone has a transform to go from UDS/TagQueries to PCo/TagRetrieve Queries otherwise I'll be looking at building this.

Thank You in Advanced

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to consider the 'Legacy' port configuration in PCo.  You should be able to point the UDC data server on the MII side directly to the PCo Agent configured against your Tag source system.  This way your TagQuery templates should be serviced by responses from PCo instead of the UDS.  Since UDS and PCo can coexist on the same machine, configure the ports differently than your current ones, and you can switch back and forth at the MII Data Server level when you are testing functionality (a good fallback strategy if something doesn't work like anticipated).

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, that's a great little feature.  That almost works.

I say almost because now the date time stamp coming through the PCO Connection is off by one hour.

I did a Current Query against an IP21 datasource and it's datetime stamp is 2:45PM but the Server is in Central TZ and it's only 1:45PM there.  I did also verify that my UDS is giving the correct Timestamp for this server.

I tried setting my user in three different TZs (CST, EST, and Blank) and no affect to the output.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

I would think that the migration tool would handle the tag queries in MII properly, but I am not sure whether there needs to be any other intervention in the transition from UDS to PCo.  I would think that all you really need is to make sure it configures correctly.

Are you using the migration tool to convert your 11.5 objects/projects to 12.2?  You will most likely have to modify your file folder structures according to the tool's requirements.

Regards, Mike