cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Few points Regarding Webdynpro & ADOBE forms

0 Kudos

Hello,

working on ADOBE interactive form and i'm calling the form though webdynpro. my functional consultant requires few points which is mentioned below.

1) if the user enters a value in an input field, the system has to validate the entry. like FIELD <Field Name> MODULE <Module Name> ON INPUT.

2) i have 2 input fields, on the first input field the amount is entered. on the entering the first input field, how can i fill the a amount in words in the second input field?

Regards,

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to add a "submit" logic in the button script to trigger a round trip to the calling WDA. The code should be something like this:

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target,
"submit", "", "", "", "");

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Adobe form should not have business logic (even for controlling visibility settings, you should use flags that get passed to the form). All validations should be done in the WDA controlling the Adobe form. So, your validation should be done in the WDDoBeforeAction method.

0 Kudos

when this event gets triggered? event is not getting triggered while entering the value nor while pressing the ENTER button. can please tell me where can i use this event for my scenerio.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

The validation of the fields on the ADOBE form can be handled through the scripting on the ADOBE.

You can either use FORMCALC or JAVA Script for this purpose.

You can write scripting in ADOBE form check for that, this is the only way to handle.

Thanks

Phani

0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

thanks for your reply.

in the scripting editior, what is code to connect with the database. because if the user enters a value, i need to check the values in db table only.

Regards,

Senthil