cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solman upgrade to SOLMAN 7.0 EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPGurus,

I need to upgrade my SOLMAN which is currently SOLMAN4.0 SAP BASIS 700 SP14, and I need to upgrade it SOLMAN 7.0 EHP1. I need to use MOPZ for this. Could you please help me with any guide which help me to perform this operation.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Solution Manager SP level you talk about is SP15 (01/2008). This is four years old, it is not going to work easily.

The best would be to go to the SP stack download application:

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lcyZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/swdc/sps/index.do?pvnr=0120031469090000...

If the direct link does not work please follow the instructions to get there:

go to http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks -> SP stack download and Side-Effect Report ->  Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1

Your source SP stack is SPS 15, and the target stack is SPS 26.

You can find in the info window below the following:

Attention:

A complete Support Package Stack must contain a mandatory Support Package Stack definition XML-file which can be downloaded in the Step 3 of the Support Package Stack Download with the button 'Save As File' when adding the selected Support Packages to the download basket. Fore more information, refer to the SAP Note 884537.

So you don't even need to generate the XML with Maintenance Optimizer .

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Angel, could you please guide me how is the process defined in your link is different from doing the same using MOPZ.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my post I describe a way to download the Solution Manager stack and generate the XML without Maintenance Optimizer .

How is it different to MOpz? Well, it uses an app in the SAP Service Marketplace.

All the links are there in my previous post.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Angel, thanks for the help. I'll try to use the link provided by you to download the stack which will help to upgrade my SOLMAN system.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may have to ask for approval of the download basket with a support message under component SV-SMG-MAI-APR.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Angel, could you please tell me how would I know which is the stacks or software required to be downloaded for the upgradation from the oss portal from the link provided by you.

2. Also could you please guide me if you know how to do this using MOPZ.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The portal upgrade cannot be done from the link I sent. This is only for Solution Manager .

The guide for Maintenance Optimizer:

https://service.sap.com/~sapdownload/011000358700001245642011E/MaintPlan_Guide.pdf

It includes Maintenance Optimizer setup.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Angel, could you please send me a document which guides me how to move ahead with downloading the valid software components for the target solman i.e solman 7.0 ehp1 sps26 as said by you from the oss link you provided. I followed the link provided by you but I dont know which should be the vaild softwares under the mentioned software component. Please help me out.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You choose initial stack, target stack, the tool includes the packages you need. There is not much more to it.

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lcyZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/swdc/sps/index.do?pvnr=0120031469090000...

Initial stack -> you have ST 400 SP15 so you choose stack 15.

Target stack -> SP26.

Why is there any room for doubt?

Please be more specific about 'I dont know which should be the valid softwares'.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Angel, as I heard that there should be a media file too apart from the software component which I'll download. If this is required then I dint get this info.I am new on this please help me out if anything is missing. If you could come online on gtalk.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Where did you 'hear' that?

The stack from SP17 to SP26, once generated, should need no more media.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Angel, Please tell me what should I select in software component WILEY INTROSCOPE ENTPR MGR8 as there is SAPISEM02_1-10007433.SAR(Introscope Enterprise Manager 8 SP02) for Windows on x64 64bit and SAPISEM02_1-10007429.SAR(Introscope Enterprise Manager 8 SP02) and SAPISMM02_1-10007429.SAR(Introscope customization 8 SP02 for SAP (Management Modules)) these two are # OS independent. My operating system is Windows on x64 64bit.

Above are the type of doubt I am facing with other components like WILY INTROSCOPE AGENT 8,

TREX 7.00 and TREX7.01. Please guide.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Angel, Please tell me what should I select in software component WILEY INTROSCOPE ENTPR MGR8 as there is SAPISEM02_1-10007433.SAR(Introscope Enterprise Manager 8 SP02) for Windows on x64 64bit and SAPISEM02_1-10007429.SAR(Introscope Enterprise Manager 8 SP02) and SAPISMM02_1-10007429.SAR(Introscope customization 8 SP02 for SAP (Management Modules)) these two are # OS independent. My operating system is Windows on x64 64bit.

Above are the type of doubt I am facing with other components like WILY INTROSCOPE AGENT 8,

TREX 7.00 and TREX7.01. Please guide.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

All the alternatives are technically feasible, they are alternatives within the stack. It is up to you to decide.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Angel, thanks for your support. I have downloaded the required softwares from the download manager. Now for the upgrade I am following the docs Master Guide SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP 1 and Upgrade to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 Windows / MS SQL from the OSS portal. I find these docs very confusing, can you provide me any doc prepared by you if possible. As it'll be easy for me to ask you in case I stuck up somewhere.Please help if this is possible for you as I am the only basis consultant here to upgrade only help I have is sdn.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Angel, I am following Note 1276895 - Add. info. about Upgrading to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1. Any idea on the following:-

1. MSCS: Upgrade of the ABAP system only, or Upgrade of the ABAP system with subsequent Java Add-In installation:
In an MSCS configuration, you must split the ABAP central instance into the ABAP central instance (ASCS) and central instance, as described in SAP Note

1011190, if one of the following cases apply:

You have upgraded your SAP NetWeaver '04 ABAP only system to SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP
You have upgraded your SAP NetWeaver '04 ABAP only system to SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP, and now want to install a Java Add-In. The split must done before the

Java Add-In installation.
The split is required for the use of the enqueue replication server. If you run an MSCS configuration without enqueue replication server, which is the

traditional MSCS configuration (where the clustered central instance runs the message server and enqueue work process), you will loose the enqueue lock table

during a failover. The enqueue replication server configuration prevents this loss.
If you want to migrate an ABAP+Java system that is already upgraded to SAP NetWeaver 7.0 to the new configuration with enqueue replication server you must

perform a homogeneous system copy.

From Note 1276895 - Add. info. about Upgrading to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1

Question:- Do I need to perform MSCS configuration. Is it mandatory for the SOLMAN upgrade which I am doing.

2. Apply Required Support Packages Before Phase "BIND_PATCH"
You should include the Support Packages of Solution Manager 7.0 SPS 20 in your upgrade. You can find the required Support Packages (ABAP SAR files and Java

SCA files) in the DATA directory on DVD 51037400 which is part of the installation package. Copy all files from there into your download directory before

roadmap step CONFIGURATION.
Dont include SPS23 or higher into the upgrade, otherwise you get errors in phase PREP_EXTENSION/CONFLICT_CHECK.

Question:- Where will I get DVD 51037400 where I could get the the SAR and SCA files.

-----------------------< D024449 MAR/05/09 >--------------------------
Source Release CRM 3.0 and CRM 3.1: Error in the activation phase
To prevent an upgrade termination in the ACT_<rel> phase with a possible data loss, you must apply SAP Note 629968 before starting the upgrade provided that

your source release is CRM 3.0 or CRM 3.1.

Question:- I couldn't implement the note 629968 as the Implementation status is Cannot be implemented.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Please run SPRO tcode and check these two IMG paths in your SolMan should help you:

- SAP SolMan > Configuration > Basic Settings > Standard Configuration > Solution Manager > Basic BC-Sets > Activate Maintenance Optimizer BC Set

- SAP SolMan > Configuration > Change Management > Maintenance Optimizer (Software Lifecycle Manager)

Also check thid pdf https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000235502007E

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Fan,

While trying to activate the MOPZ it throwed the following error

SAP MOPZ Auto configuration warning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Could you provide log details or screenshot of warning ?

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Fan, due to some reasons I am not able to attach the screenshot. But the error is same as I have mentioned in my original post. Please suggest if you have any solution on this.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abishek,

Did you maintain your s-user i tcode AISUSER?

Check if sm59 SAP-OSS work correctly.

Did you define solution  for solman update using tcode SOLUTION_MANAGER?

Did you provide system in smsy tocde wihich you`re going to update?

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Fan,

1. In AISUSER should we maintain the OSS id?

2. OSS is working fine(Recently installed SAPRouter)

3. Please let me know how do provide system in SMSY and also how to define SOLUTION.

4. Before performing step 3, I guess we need to do some SLD stuff and we need to sync the SLD with

the SOLMAN. Could you please guide me on this  too.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Yes, should contain only digits without S and 0.

3. http://support.nabros.com/entries/21433471-adding-a-sap-system-to-smsy-of-solution-manager-system  check the word document.

4. Use tcode rz70 to register your system in Solman SLD,more please see http://sapxi.wikidot.com/sldreg2

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Fan, could you pls tell me where does the AISUSER comes in picture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Run tcode aisuser create new entry for the user which runs dswp tcode (he try to generate xml stack file). In column contact person add your Suser number without S and 0.

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPFan,

1. After checking your links I have activate the SLD through RZ70 it says "Administration data activated successfully". Is this everything which I need to do in RZ70 or should I schedule some jobs from the same. After I tried to schedule that job it generated a spool which said that the RFC SLD_UC failed. Please if the should be scheduled ot not.

2. After going into SMSY I tried to add the system(SOLMAN SYSTEM {QCM}) but it says that the system is already available. Should I delete QCM, if yes then from which all areas in SMSY I should delete it as the entry is present in many sub sections like ERP, SAP SOLUTION MANAGER etc.

Please help me out.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

1. Please put the log form the failed job also check this notes: 1731348 - RFC call failed: JCO.Server could not find server function 'SET_SLD_DATA'

1727882 - Signal 11 dump when RFC SLD_UC is used on Non-Unicode system

1727745 - RFC connection error while executing transaction RZ70

2.Did your ERP and Solman system has the same SID in your landscape ? SID QCM sound like quality assurance system for EPR not Solman, but maybe I am wrong. Please clarify this point.

BR,

SAPFan