cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CE Functions from java

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I have a question regarding CE Functions, is it possible to access CE functions directly from java or we have to do it always via procedure?

I would like to access an attribute view without using SQL, so something like this:

CE_JOIN_VIEW("_SYS_BIC"."d039240.test1/AGENCY__NAME",["NAME"]);

when I try this in the SQL Editor in hana studio I get this error:

SAP DBTech JDBC: [257]: sql syntax error: incorrect syntax near "CE_JOIN_VIEW": line 1 col 1 (at pos 1)

is not possible to execute CE functions from the sql editor directly?

regads,
Miguel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

The CE functions return the result views which can further be used through the result view of the procedure. I don't think SQL editor would be able to interpret the result view directly. As of now, the CE functions can be used through the procedure and its associated result view. That would be the right choice currently.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

thanks for the answer, would it be possible to execute then via jdbc or odbc from java for example, or always via procedure?

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

To my knowledge, only through the Procedure. Even if these functions are exposed through ODBC / JDBC to be used by some of the BO reporting tools, I don't think they are yet exposed to be used directly through custom program.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best way would be to encapsulate this in a SQLSCript Calc View, and select the calc in your client side.

Notice that the CE* functions are not SQL compliant, and hence won't be available through the SQL engine in your JDBC client.

SELECT on Calc views, on the other way, are SQL compliant.