cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase sample quantity in before UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I am working on a pharma scenerion, where in fixed sample size(physical samples) is defined for the testing of product. But in some of the cases testing sample quantity is exceeding from the predefined sample quantity. In that case i can change the sample quantity in QA11 or QA12 transactions.

I am thinking in a diffrent way to incorporate checks, if i hide the sample usage field, in that case i will not able to alter the sample quantity. Is there any option of altering the sample quantity either in QA02, QE11/12.

Regards

ACP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I dont think so that we can change the sample quantity in QA11/QA12 in std SAP, please mention the procedure how you are changing that. Second thing is once the sample is calculated based on the sampling procedure, you cannot change it until you reset the sample and reassign the task list.

Revert back in case of any queries

Regards,

Krishna Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Currently we are changing the sample quantity in the inspection lot stock posting tab in the QA12. I am doing manual entry in the sample usage field.

I want to restict that because we have faced a lot issues in the production enviroment. Thats why i am searcing the option to change the stock posting qty of sample usage before QA11/ 12 transaction.

Regards

Amit Patil

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Before doing the UD there is only one way to change the sample that is to reset the sample quantity. If you want to change the sample quanity follow the below process

1. Enter the lot in QAC3, press enter and then save
  2. Go to QA02 the sample quantity will be empty, now enter the required quantity
  3. Proceed for RR & UD

Revert back in case of any queries

Regards,

Krishna Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The steps mentioned by Chandra are applicable when the system status of inspection lot is "REL".

But if you complete the result recording, the system status of inspection lot get changed to "INSP".

and in this status you cannot do QAC3 in standard SAP. Even if you open the characteristic from status 5 to 2 (put in process), system status still remain INSP.

So here in your requirement you have to check for exit wherein you can change the status from INSP to REL then only you can execute QAC3 transaction to reset the sample calculaton.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna & Vivek,

Thanks for your valuable comment. But I dont want to reset the sample calculation. I come to know the extra sample quanty used is after the pysical testing(after results recording). And i want to post that extra consumed sampled quantity. Is it possible to do it in QA11/12.

Regards

Amit 

krishna_chandra5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

No...in std SAP it is not possible to change the sample quantity once the results are recorded. Instead you can post the used quantity to sample usage during stock posting.

Regards,

Krishna Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use MB1B with movement type 333/334

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correct !

Regards

Answers (0)