SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflows in Grants Management Grantee

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I want some clarification regarding use of workflows in Grants Management for Grantee . I have gone through http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c7/02a6d83580ea4aab0fbb853f09f00e/content.htm .

From my client perspective i want to know how workflows in SAP Cater it,

1.PI or his secretary creates a proposal in for Grant in SAP

2.Department where there is Chair person in hierarchy , he approves the proposal, else it goes to Dean of department.

4.Dean Approves it

3.After Dean approval it goes to a centralized department where Grants are managed , they review it and send to department director for Grant

4. Director of grant approves it and it goes to VC office.

5.VC office approves it

6.Then it is finally submitted to Grantor and its status changes to application

7.Grantor may approve it, in case he approves with some minor modifications ,It is send to PI , who directly send it to Director of Grants.,if there is a major change whole process from 1 to 6 starts again....We are not having GM-Grantor , we are implementing GM-GTE only.

8. Upon budget being awarded , an email or information communication is required to all the department who were in loop earlier.

Please share your feedback , how will above work in our case.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

You can set up approvals 2-5 as user statuses and use the workflow to change the status to Application. Workflow can notify the person who is supposed to approve the proposal and can restart for each subsequent step after the user status is changed.

Please note that the status change will depend on whether approval is granted.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

You can set up approvals 2-5 as user statuses and use the workflow to change the status to Application. Workflow can notify the person who is supposed to approve the proposal and can restart for each subsequent step after the user status is changed.

Please note that the status change will depend on whether approval is granted.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi:

Thanks i will revert back in case i face any issue.

Regards