cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to backorder after Delivery but before PGI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we backorder material from a deliver document ?.

Here is the scenario :

We created a sales order . Material is available and hence got allotted against the sales order that we created.

Now Delivery document is created but PGI is NOT YET DONE. At this stage if we want to allott this material against a different Sales order due to business urgency, Can we backorder this quantity . If yes , How do we do that ?

Also one more question. Does availability check happen usually at the time of PGI ?.

Regards,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello P. Kumar,

I think is will not be possible to run Back Order Processing for Deliveries. I mean it is possible to reallocate only the Sales Order stock through BackOrder Processing. The same is also mentioned in below SAp Help Document: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/e6/4a79f99e0311d189b70000e829fbbd/content.htm

Still I am not sure, & request other members here to comment.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar ,

Availability check happens while doing PGI.

You can try this. In the availability check for deliveries (OVZ9) , uncheck the "Include Deliveries".  By doing this, system will not consider the stock allocated to the deliveries while creating the delivery document.

I haven't tried this. Please test and update.

Side Comment : Please check with business on this. As by process, it wil have impact. User will start creating the delivery eventhough there is no stock. In you business process, if they use batch job to create the delivery, then we have to think twice before doing it.

Regards

Vinu.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar ,

Availability check happens while doing PGI.

You can try this. In the availability check for deliveries (OVZ9) , uncheck the "Include Deliveries".  By doing this, system will not consider the stock allocated to the deliveries while creating the delivery document.

I haven't tried this. Please test and update.

Side Comment : Please check with business on this. As by process, it wil have impact. User will start creating the delivery eventhough there is no stock. In you business process, if they use batch job to create the delivery, then we have to think twice before doing it.

Regards

Vinu.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Any more inputs ?