Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Change Status of a DMS document

ryan_lazaro3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Can you help me on my problem in both SAP DMS and Easy DMS? we have a DMS document A, which is in status APPROVED. we want this document to be change status to OBSELETE.

The problem is that we cannot change the status, having an error stating "Change Master status 79 does not allow changes". Please help us on how we can change the status of the document. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

The DIR is linked to an ECM (Engineering Change Master) in the change number field.

The status on the change number does not allow you to change any objects linked to it. You would have to change the status of the change master to enable changes to the object.

Regards

Warren Buss

ryan_lazaro3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Waren

Thank you. I also found out that the document is now sent to ECM. I have already coordinated my colleague in ECM to have the change master of the change number be check. Have a great day ahead.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Ryan,

I tried to replicate your issue in our system using settings in DC10 and it still works fine for me.

In DC10, Please check if the 'Status Type' value is set to 'S' for the relevant Document type - Document status by double clicking the 'Doc. Status' for 'Approved'. I think this has affect on whether or not you are allowed to make any further changes in DIR including the Document status.

In addition - Please check for which Status the 'Complete' indicator is checked & deselect the checkbox and redo your work.

Hope this helps.

-Thanks