Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller of tRFC in receiver IDOC adapter

stephen_xue
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mates,

in our sceario, ECC A sends an IDOC to a PI system and PI sends the modified IDOC to another ECC B system. the receiver IDOC adapter in ABAP stack is used here.

however there is an error on the receiver side. after the IDOC has been triggered, an error message can be found in SM58 of the PI system via CALLER PIAFUSER.

the error message is No authorization to send IDocs with message type DESADV.

pleaes ignore the message type used here, the thing interesting is the CALLER here. the user that used for the port configuration is another application user which i can confirm. so why is this adapter framwork system user used here?

from my understanding, the receiver idoc adapter is in the integration engine sending the message directly to the receiver bypassing the adapter engine(and the adatper framework).

therefore my questions are:

1. why the PIAFUSER is used here in the tRFC of IDOC?

2. what authority does it need in the receiver ECC system to make the receiver IDOC adapter work fine? a little rediculous, isn't it? 

ps:

port has been configured via IDX1 and the message type has been maintained with its process code in the receiver ECC B system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Could you please check RFC destination in PI system and confirm what user id was used , PIAFUSER id never involved in IDoc communication, the RFC destination user id(ECC user id) should have roles to create/post desadv IDoc.

SM58 shows many errors, check with basis team to find root cause,if you think everything correct then manually process failed entries in SM58 by executing LUW.

Regards,

Raj

stephen_xue
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i get great help from this reply. in SM58, choose the error message, and there is an option to debug the program into to the target system. by this means, the root cause has been found: the communication user is lack of authority in the target system.

thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stephen_xue
Active Participant
0 Kudos

the question can be closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Check the configuration in both PI and ECC. 

1.  Check the RFC Destination created in PI to ECC and check the user id & pwd what maintained there.

2. Check the Receiver IDOC Channel and maintaine the user & pwd which is used in RFC Destination creation in PI.

Other wise maintain your user id and pwd in all the places and check the scenario.  Mostly PIAPPLUSER they will use.

Thanks,

Satihs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the connection and authorisation test for the RFC destination used for idoc receiver adapter..

seems either the user used doesnot have privileges for processing or idoc message type is not released..check it out

HTH

Rajesh