cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version of Diagnostic Agent to load

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am running Solution Manager 7.1 on NetWeaver 7.02. Which version of the diagnostic agent should I use ?

1. SAP Note 1357812 tells you how to install it to a system running NW7.01
    2. SAP Note 1368413 tells you how to install it to a system running NW7.2
    3. SAP Note 1448655 tells you how to install it to a system running NW7.3

NetWeaver 7.02 uses the newer Host Agent concept as opposed to the older SAPOSCOL concept - so I would assume I should use the instructions in SAP Note 1368413

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

Check the attached PDF document AgentInstallationStrategy.pdf of SAP Note 1365123 page 22 shows the compatible DAA releases with Solman Releases. There you'll see that you've to install DAA 7.3 for Solution Manager 7.1.

For Host Agent, same note says "Solution Manager 7.1 requires currently to have at least a SAP Host Agent 7.20 SP93". So use the latest Host Agent Patch Release (I used SP123).

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks - I also read this document before I posted this question. Again it does not provide a definitive anser to my question. DAA 7.3 is built on NetWeaver 7.3 I'm running NW 7.02. Will the installer for DAA 7.3 work on a NW 7.02 system?

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure,

I installed DAA 7.3 on NW 7.0 based Portal, NW 7.3 based BW and NW 7.0 based ERP 6.0 without problem. And it is working fine with Solman 7.1 SP06

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you I used the DAA 7.3 installer successfully.

I did not know that the diagnostic agent setup would install a kernel and JVM for the exclusive use of the diagnostic agent. I thought it would overwrite the kernel and JVM files used by the host SAP. That is why I mentioned that my SAP application was running NW7.02.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

All your answers are given in the Diagnostic Agent Installation Strategy. You have to take into consideration other things as well - Managed system config, OS and database version.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents

You can find more information on SAP note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents (see the file attached to this note -> Agent_Installation_Strategy.ppt)

Thanks,

Samik

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I read the document you reference in your reply before posting to this site. I do not think it provides a definative answer to my question. The SAP installation notes mentioned in this document  reference installing the diagnostic agent on servers running NW 7.01, NW7.2 and NW7.3. My systems are running NW 7.02. Some of the installers mentioned in the SAP notes have nasty side-effects like loading the Host Agent and upgrading the JVM. I'm running Host Agent patch 255 so I am relatively current in that regard. I am running SAP JVM 4 and I do not want to be upgraded to SAP JVM 6.

Is there an diagnostic agent installer that will work for me?