cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can XMIIIDOC01 and XMIIRFC01 coexist?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the XMIIIDOC01 Listener working just fine.

Now we need to configure XMIIRFC01 Listener to connect the same ERP with the same MII.

Some how, we always get the same error message. We have followed the document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-1775

and the notes described by Michael Appleby at http://scn.sap.com/thread/3259123.

We are using SAP MII 12.1.10 and the error is

com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: no Beans listening for name ZRFC_XXXX registered for XMIIRFC01 on system SERVERXX_MID_00

together with this message we got the following message as well

[JRA]ReaderManaged_Application_Thread_22, onRollback(), no bean for given tid=0A010033133850915E220598

Any suggestion what it could be?

Regards

Italo Stefani

Vetta Group

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Italo,

Yes, they can both co-exist.  There is no reason for them to be in conflict given they were both installed correctly and are not sharing the programId or other resources.

One other comment is that if you made changes to the NW settings, there were issues where values were cached and not fully being purged when changes were made.  Sometimes it is worthwhile to simply start from scratch with a different RFC Listener.  In other words, do a "clean" config on a different RFC Listener.  Leave the binding at the default (it is different from the IDoc List.)

I have not played around much with the RFC Listeners since the Batch Manufacturing project and RDS days a few years ago.  The "BEAN" messages occur in the IDoc Listeners as well and there is a note in the latest IDoc Listener Config Doc regarding some common error messages and their causes. 

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike.

I just solved the problem! We had couple issues.

1) I restarted both tc~sapjra~temp and xapps~xmii~ear application and the messages started to be sent correctly.

2) I am not sure if the restart is really necessary, I was convinced it was until I found a duplicated configuration. Someone configured the XMIIRFC01 and XMIIRFC10 and I did not see. So, after the application restart all messages had been received by XMIIRFC10 Listener, whatever was the destination in the SAP ECC. So, I left only the XMIIRFC01 listener working and the messages are ok now.

Thank you very much for your help. The steps were very helpful!!

Just to register the steps I have followed, I will paste it here. The complete thread can be found in here http://scn.sap.com/message/13635104#13635104.

The helpful steps described by Mike:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I found in my notes for setting up the ERP side:

1. Go to transaction “Maintain RFC
         Connections” via the Tools - ALE - ALE Administration à Runtime Settings or use transaction code
         SM59.
  2. Choose “Create”.
  3. Add a name, e.g. MII_BM.
  4. Chose connection type T (TCP/IP
         connections).
  5. Add a description.
  6. On the tab “technical writings” check
         “Registered Server Program”.
  7. Enter the program ID MII_BM.
  8. Check “Unicode”.
  9. Enter the gateway host, i.e. the server
         address and the gateway service you got from your system administrator.
  10. Save your settings.

On the MII side:

1. Log on to Netweaver and go to NW Admin - Configuration Management - Infrastructure -
    Application Resources
  2. Select a message listner that is not yet used , e.g. XMIIRFC01 and make the following
    entries on the tab “properties”
    • ProgramID: MII_BM
    • MaxReaderThreadCount: ≥1
    • SAP client: Client MII should be connected to,
      e.g. 100
    • Username and password as described in 2.1.2.2,
      MII_BM3, password: sap_1972
    • ServerName: address of the gateway server
    • Portnumber: system number, e.g. 00

1. In case the message listener is not available or you changed the password on an
    established listener, go to the NW Admin menu - Operation Management -
    Systems - Start & Stop:
  • Go to tab Java EE, Applications
  • Select tc~sapjra~temp
  • Stop the application
  • Wait until all instances are really stopped
    (refresh the sreen)
  • Start the application again
  • Select xapps~xmii~ear on the same screen.
  • Check if it is up and running, if not start the
    application.
  • Check the message listner as described in point
    3 if is up and running.

Important Comment Number 1:

I will admit to a lot less experience with RFC Listeners than IDoc Listeners, but the basic processes are very similar.  One thing is that you do not use the ProgramID in multiple places on either ERP or MII.  The common result is seeing some of your documents showing up and some disappearing.

Important Comment Number 2:

NW self-registers the ProgramID when you complete the MII operations above.  If you manually register your ProgramID with NW, it will now reside in two locations in NW - see Important Comment Number 1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italo Stefani

Vetta Group

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185280
Active Contributor

Looking at the discussions one thing I notice about our setup that differs from Mikes Doc is that our MDMP & Unicode Settings are Non-Unicode and MDMP Settings Inactive. Once I got our setup working I never really had the time or need to track down why it had to be that way to work but our SAP system isn't Unicode so I would guess thats the reason. Probably not your issue if you have your idocs working already but maybe worth a look.